1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New tires

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Repair' started by jpsantell, Mar 6, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    Today it's an unbelievable 75 degrees out. I took advantage of the weather to get a jump on some maintenance. I swapped out the toilet paper thin Schwable Tryker tires that came with my trike for some Maxxis Hookworm tires that were hanging around in the garage. I swear those Trykers didn't even have a sixteenth of an inch thickness to them. No wonder I had two flats in 200 miles. The new tires have between an 1/8 and 3/16 inches of rubber plus I also put a Slime tire protector strip in each tire. Here's a picture with the new tires, I'm liking how it looks.
    20220306_141347.jpg

2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    I am very impressed with your trike stand. I assume you built it. Looks very sturdy! Especially like the wheels on the bottom so you can move it around easily.

3. TNplates

TNplates

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Hermitage
    Ride:
    ICE SprintX FS
    Did you keep track of the mileage you got on the Trykers?

4. Tri-Seeker

Tri-Seeker

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    Czech Republic
    City:
    Prague
    Ride:
    Trike, mongo-ish
    Trykers were very thin to achieve best rolling resistance. A bit prone to punctures, yes.
    On the other hand, they sticked to the ground as none others, for fast tight corners the best I've ever tried so far.

I am very sad that they were discontinued...

5. Loadmaster

Loadmaster

Region:
    West
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Venice
    Ride:
    Catrike Dumont Elec
    Name:
    Eric
    Do your new tires have a reflective strip on the side walls?

6. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    Almost exactly 200 miles. I can only ride between 5 and 10 miles a day .

7. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    I didn't design the stand, I pretty much copied the design off of Youtube. I did post the link about it in another post if you're interested. I think it was like 109 dollars total for the parts.

8. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    No reflective strip on the new tires but part of my upgrades this Spring was to add reflectors or even some kind of running lights.

9. TNplates

TNplates

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Hermitage
    Ride:
    ICE SprintX FS
    Might check your alignment if all you got was 200 miles out of them.

10. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    The tires weren't anywhere like worn out. They still have those little mold nubs from manufacturing on them. I just think they're so flimsy I just kept getting flats.