1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My trike repair stand

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Repair' started by jpsantell, Mar 3, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    I got my trike last May and have done a bunch of mods and things to make it more comfortable and convenient for me. Most of the repairs I had to lie on the garage floor on a piece of cardboard which really isn't the best thing to do when you're had both hips and a knee replacement.

20220101_143407.jpg
    It's a neat design and I give full credit to Jesusisthe1way on YouTube. I just copied her work. Here's the link by the way.

It folds up when not in use, has wheels so I can spin it around and puts the trike at upper chest height so I don't have to bend to work on it. Here's a Pic.

RockyRoads, TNplates and A.D. like this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    That’s quite nifty. Being made out of wood, makes it sturdier than PVC pipe I’d think. But the fact it folds up is sweet!

3. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    It is nice. My only problem is that it is a little hard to get the trike up on the stand by myself. I went to harbor freight and bought a winch like you would use to hoist game up. I'm going to see if I can convert it to a trike hoist with some tie down straps I've got lying around.

A.D. likes this.
  4. jpsantell

jpsantell

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Newark
    Ride:
    Trident Trekker20
    I should have mentioned that I spent $109 dollars on this project. Most of the lumber and hardware I bought at my local hardware store and the knobs and locking casters were bought off of Amazon. I had looked at the price of a ready built stand but I cheaped out when I saw 400 dollar prices.

5. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Great looking stand. Thanks for sharing the video.

6. traacker

traacker

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Mars Hill
    Ride:
    ActionBent
    Name:
    greg
    What a nice piece of work. Looks like it is a very strong and steady work platform especially for a trike.

7. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I just love how it folds up, to be put away when not in use. Very :cool9:

8. RockyRoads

RockyRoads

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Louisville
    Ride:
    Burley Canto
    Nicely done!

9. traacker

traacker

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Mars Hill
    Ride:
    ActionBent
    Name:
    greg
    That hinge, knob, stop nut combination shall now be seen on my next project! thx

10. Lightning Pilot

Lightning Pilot

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Lake Bluff
    Ride:
    Lightning P-38
    Name:
    Ross
    71IwPk3h-HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Get two of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P8E54J...TUP7M2M7&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

When not on the work stand, my wife's Tadpole gets hoisted on a cross shaped davit when not in use. The large diameter of the pulley makes hoisting and lowering much easier. I tried block and tackle, but this is better and simpler. I'll try to post pictures, later.

Now I see you've already found your own solution. Oh, comma, well … space …

A.D. likes this.