1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My most recent ride in 2021 (part XIV in the series)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by A.D., Jan 1, 2021.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    This is still one of our most popular threads. We are now on our 14th year of this thread. [​IMG] We always start over in the new year and want to hear all about your recumbent rides.

So don't be bashful!!! When and where are you riding????

Note: If you enjoy this thread and would like to read of similar travels, check out

My Most Recent Ride 2020 ( Part XIII of the series! )

2. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    Saturday I got out for my first ride since our move!

My fitness that I was so happy with back in September ended up in the toilet for various excuses and maybe a couple valid reasons. I'm not happy about that and finally trying to pull myself back up from that blow even while the anniversary of Loke's passing is hitting me hard. That sad day will be the 24th. It's not as bad as I anticipated so far, but I have been a bit moody and, even snippy with Jens at times.

The ride was just a short 3.75-ish miles around what will be the replacement for my 'River Loop'. The report, as always is on my blog site along with 'I miss Loke' babble as I work through that sorrow.

Also, Bobby, Sweden's bestest bike mechanic left the shop. Onward to better and brighter things I hope. He's an awesome guy and I wish him the best. The trike and I will sorely miss him though. :cry:

Anyhoo! It's on the blog. Hope all are well!

Terii

A.D. likes this.
  3. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Hi Terii, glad somebody's riding.

I had open heart surgery CABG X 4 March 31st. My wife was worried about me riding an upright and damaging my sternum. Amazingly a Windcheetah with front and rear fairings came uo for sale and I jumped on it.
    Rode her today for the 5th time, a metric century. Started at the Marina on the northern most point of the Riverwalk(A.D. you remember?) Overcast and in the 70's a perfect summer day for a long ride.

We ended up with 62 miles in 4 hours 28 minutes moving time. I was completely wiped out but happy as I knocked 16 minutes off the previous weeks ride.

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    And you are the guy with heart surgery. OMG :eek9:

5. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    I was very luck! All the bike riding over the last twenty years had built up lots of small extra blood vessels. As the larger ones clotted off (genetics, thanks Dad) the smaller ones kept me going.

Surgeon said no damage to heart, great repair work by him and I'm free to have at it (his words). So I started off slow, walking then stair stepper with slowly increasing tempo and intervals. Been on the trike now four weeks.

Good to be here!

Good to be anywhere!

6. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Amen! That is my motto!!!

7. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Rode a bit last night. Just over 11 miles before the torrential downpour hit. The 100% humidity made breathing pretty hard, I was okay calling it quits.

8. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Good rides last night, rained on a little and dodged some thunderstorms. 26 miles 1500 ft elevation 13.7 mph. Strength felt better, there were flat stretches I was holding 18 to 20mph but at the 1.5 hour mark I ran out of gas. In the words of Jimmy Buffett, "Cruise back on home".

9. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    I have a brother who suffers from your addiction. He is on track to ride 10,000 miles on a DF bike this year. GEESH!!!

10. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Most I ever rode was a bit over 6000. I would like 1500 this year but weather ans circumstances...

11. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Out last night for a quick 20. Avoided two thunderstorms and feel like I can keep up with moderate groups now. Overall average was 14.2 mph and that was with 4 miles of really sliw warmup.

Really looking forward to seeing what the Zockra will do.

12. Tri-Seeker

Tri-Seeker

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    Czech Republic
    City:
    Prague
    Ride:
    Trike, mongo-ish
    Just for clarification, should I put "my most recent ride" in here, or into "videos" when I have a video footage from that ride? :o_O9

13. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Yesterday it was out to build base mules. This particular training road really forces you to work. It was 36 miles out mostly trending slightly downhill with a modest tailwind. Then the work begins.

The heat of the day is building so the wind is picking up and now you are looking at 35 miles with long slight uphill slogs and a headwind.

We ended up with 72 miles with a 14.4 mph moving average for my longest and fastest training ride since the surgery. The best news, I didnt feel wiped out. After cooling off I felt sure I could have logged many more miles.

Wide open and boring, the most interesting sights were the multitude of motocycles and trikes. There was even a flotilla of Polaris Slingshots that webt by.

14. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Put your rides with videos here please. :)

15. Tri-Seeker

Tri-Seeker

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    Czech Republic
    City:
    Prague
    Ride:
    Trike, mongo-ish
    WardJ likes this.
Thread Status: