1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My most recent ride in 2020 (part XIII in the series)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by A.D., Jan 1, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    This is still one of our most popular threads. We are now on our 13th year of this thread. [​IMG] We always start over in the new year and want to hear all about your recumbent rides.

So don't be bashful!!! When and where are you riding????

Note: If you enjoy this thread and would like to read of similar travels, check out

My Most Recent Ride 2019 ( Part XII of the series! )

bjjoondo likes this.
  2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Wow, 13 years eh? Thats amazing. I am hoping to put a few posts in here this year myself. We'll see.

bjjoondo likes this.
  3. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    We got in a short ride on New Years Day, it was suppose to stay sunny and cool till very late afternoon, we got out at 10 AM and by 11:30 the wind came up big time and the very dark clouds rolled in over Pikes Peak so we only got in 10 miles RT but at least we got to ride on Day 1 2020! :)

4. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Now that JoLynn's retired we can watch the weather here in Southern CO. and kinda pick a day to ride in the winter months! We headed out for just a local area ride around Security, Widefield and Fountain Mesa just to get out and about. It was kinda breezy but mostly sunny and very slowly heading to 60F, it will be the warmest day this week as the upcoming Fri.-SUN. looks COLD and WINDY! we put in 15 miles with a few good and longer inclines, small hills as this is mostly a "road ride" we used back streets, wider sidewalks, back roads. We got up to Fountain Mesa area and stopped at Arby's for lunch, had a coupon for 5 sliders for $5 so we tried 5 of the 6 flavors of sliders and a side salad, LOL, too much food for a "riding lunch" but they all were quite good! We decided to head back via Bradley Road and the Bluestem Prairie Open Space, it was just after lunch so the road was busier than on the weekends, the only time it was harry was when the big dump trucks would come hauling by us, although the drivers always wave to us and not Flip us off like the lady in the sub-compact, there's always a "moron" out on the roads here in So. Colorado! :( It's a really pretty ride heading from Fontaine Blvd. to Main Street via Bradley Road as you get to view the local mountain backdrop! We just took it easy and had a very enjoyable ride! Stopped off at Piute Park in Security to eat our Fuji apple snack and then headed back to the storage unit to tuck the trikes in for the next cold front, rats. I did have a flat tire I had to change out at the start of the ride, will have to check out the tube when we get back to the house! :)
    49356736142_0569f424ef_h.jpg
    49356736097_29a332423d_h.jpg

5. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    On Weds. the 11th. of March we got in a loop ride combining trails and bike lanes for a 16 mile ride in 60 F+ sunny with a bit of breeze, LOL, yes it's going to SNOW here on Friday so we are glad we got in a ride again between "storms". Hope you got in a ride lately! Spring I hope it's coming soon! :)
    49653714291_52ab804667_h.jpg

6. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Well I can FINALLY say I am riding my bent again. Down at the beach condo in Pensacola with mid 70s sunny weather. Rode 16 miles today through Gulf Shores National Seashore. Here is an old pic when I bike there last year.

-1090417599_20180822_074951_5114130_resized.jpg

bjjoondo likes this.
  7. Uncle Chunk

Uncle Chunk

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Franklin
    Ride:
    Greenspeed Magnum XL
    Name:
    Uncle Chunk
    Bring some of that sunshine back to TN!
    I am sick of the rain!

8. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Lots of sun in Pensacola. Here is a picture of Fort Pickens I took today. Mid 70s. :)

(Uncle Chunk, wish you were here!)

Ft.%20Pickens.jpg

bjjoondo likes this.
  9. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Well we are still able to ride and most of our local trails are still open but we've been staying OFF the trails as they are so over crowded there's NO WAY to maintain Social Distancing of 6ft. in all directions! :( We've had better luck riding the area back roads and streets using the "Bike Lanes, Sharerows and back streets! We also walk a lot and we have been using city sidewalks with good distancing. Our last ride was Sunday, 18 miles RT, under SUNNY sky's and 60F temps. it was so nice, just a few puffy clouds and for ONCE very little breeze!! :) This time of year when it warms up we usually get WINDS which can even be CHILLY so the sun doesn't do much so Sunday was SWEET! Hope you all can still RIDE now and then, have a most excellent day! :) PS: It is a bit weird wearing a MASK while riding, the Gov. here in CO. asked nicely so lucky for me the wife could just quickly MAKE our masks still I figure so far maybe 15-20% are wearing them and VERY FEW bike/trike riders, SAD! :(

10. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    I hear you, BJ. It's pretty much the same here. The weather has been pretty so Swedes stampede out. Stretches of path that I've rarely seen people are have been clogged. Nor do they have any clue about keeping distance. I've had people pass me close enough I could smack them even though they've got space galore on their other side as I hug the curb.

Jens (husband) did have us load the trike and we drove to Wik's castle. He walked around the wooded estate as I took off on the back country lanes. Even there, I had to swerve around joggers 3 times over 5 miles. :p

But I am getting out and trying to regain some fitness. The rib has finally healed enough that I can get in and out of the trike. As long as I don't wriggle or change position in the wrong way, it's mostly pain free. A nice change from hardly able to move without wanting to cry or be sick from the pain. Laying on the floor to do stretches is still out though. I found that out the hard way today.

bjjoondo likes this.
  11. Fuzzy47

Fuzzy47

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Spring City
    Ride:
    RecumbentUSA Trike-X
    Name:
    Mick
    Wow ! No rain today for a change, temperature a mild, mid-60F, and sun shining ... and the TN Governor gave tentative permission --- so drove down to the cycle track in Dayton for my first ride since mid-February. 3 - 4 walkers also out enjoying the sunshine and 2 other "trikers" .... well ... sort of. One, an infant being pushed in his 3-wheel stroller by a young mother - the other, an autistic(?) teenager on a 3-wheeled high-seat gadget similarly powered. We exchanged happy smiles and waves in passing !

Managed an easy 4 miles .... at my age I didn't want to overdo it for the "start of the Summer" .... so far this morning no apparent aches and pains !

Fuzzy

bjjoondo likes this.
  12. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Got the rear hub motor E-assist added to my trike and we got our first ride together with both having E-assist on Sunday. Started out cloudy but soon the sun came out and we headed up the Rock Island Trail heading east. For once we picked a trail that wasn't overcrowded so it was a good ride, keeping the distance but enjoying being out! The number 1 thing I like about the E-assist is that you can go many extra miles with the same physical effort and I noticed I don't have to use as much "pressure on the bottom of my feet getting up hills! The number 1 thing I don't like about E-assist is that it does add a bit of WEIGHT to the trike. Our systems are low level, 350W. 32V but even with the upgraded display unit, total cost including LABOR to have it installed was $1500.00 (per trike), that's a $1000 cheaper than the high level Bosch or Shimano mid drive unit's and that's NOT including LABOR! We only used Level 1 out of 5 or Level 2 up steep hills and it really does help! Can't see ever needing more than 350 W system on a single trike, if you need more you just want to go FAST or keep up with your buddies on their carbon fibre road race bicycles!! ;)
    49854115378_8fc2051589_b.jpg

13. Cgurtler

Cgurtler

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    Canada
    City:
    Whitehorse
    Ride:
    Catrike Trail, Azub
    We did a family ride today. We drove the bikes up the Grey Mountain road and then rode the trails on home. It would have been too much for the little dude to ride all the way up. The weather was gorgeous and the trails were mostly dry. 67F60173-50AE-4F65-9CFA-3ED2D25ABFD3.jpeg BBBAEB21-6DE1-42C5-BF4B-ABAA7F7EEEAF.jpeg

bjjoondo likes this.
  14. Cgurtler

Cgurtler

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    Canada
    City:
    Whitehorse
    Ride:
    Catrike Trail, Azub
    Couple of more shots 0C7CE0CB-7A33-4BF1-A4E1-A3E3D1C73C88.jpeg 6EAF1839-5D1D-4AA2-AC8E-87989A758FFA.jpeg

bjjoondo likes this.
  15. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    Hi all!

Been getting some rides in. Ride reports on my blog as always!

Hope all of you have been safe and well.

Terii

https://terii.wordpress.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.