1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How to modify and/or delete a thread

Discussion in 'XenForo: How-To' started by CCinBR200, Apr 13, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. CCinBR200

CCinBR200

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    LA
    City:
    Baton Rouge
    Ride:
    Tour Easy
    Hi, all.

New here. Trying to see a recumbent to buy a recumbent.

When I change the price, I'd like to modify the original post rather than posting a new thread with the lower price. I noticed that the moderator helped me by changing the Title line to "Was $1200".

I have searched and read the how-to's and can't see how to modify an original post or how to delete one (so that I can replace it with another thread at a lower price. Can this even be done. It is confusing to have a bunch of threads for my bike all at different prices.

Thanks in advance!

Carlo
    Easy Racer Tour Easy Classic (For Sale)

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    That's an excellent question! :applause:

We have XenForo configured to allow users to revise their posts for up to 72 hours 7 days, but that doesn't help you in this case. Serenity had the same problem with the SMRR thread, so I went about hunting for some way to fix it. :construction:

As it turns out, I was able to modify our code such that I can now manually override that 72 hour 7 days time-limit and reset it to a later time on a post-by-post basis. :heelclick:

As such, I've combined your two For Sale threads into just one thread and you should be able to edit/revise the posts within it for the next 3 months. Be aware though, if you delete the very first post in the thread, then the entire thread will be gone…along with any replies to it. So revise the first post however you want, just don't delete it. :wink9:

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Hmmm. I learned something new today about our boards.

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Hey Jon,
    For us (i.e. Admins), it appears as a LINK entitled Change Limit beneath each post…
    Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.36.12 AM.jpg

5. CCinBR200

CCinBR200

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    LA
    City:
    Baton Rouge
    Ride:
    Tour Easy
    Thank you! That seemed to do the trick!