1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selling CONVERTED RANS VELOCITY 2 EBIKE $1200 (VELOCITY SQUARED OR V2)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sale or Trade' started by Solstice, Apr 27, 2024.  |  Print Topic

1. Solstice

Solstice

Region:
    SouthWest
    State/Country:
    UT
    City:
    Hurricane
    Ride:
    EBIKE RANS VELOCITY2
    Name:
    Solstice
    Price $1200
    Condition: Used - Good
    Material: Steel

Converted this to a non geared 1000 watt hub motor ebike
    100 mile range
    Battery 48 volt 18 amp hours 48 x 18 = 864 watt hour

With the electric assist, makes climbing hills a breeze! This has a lot of performance and power. You'll feel it in a test run.

Bike new in 2008 was $1400 before conversion. Battery alone was $800! Asking $1200 Total or OBO

Maximum motor speed 20 mph can exceed that by pedaling. You can easily go 30 with the wind behind you.

Get 80 to 100 miles on a charge if pedaling and keeping it down to 12 mph

26 inch tire in the back and 20 inch in the front. Nice high pressure slick on the front. Schwab puncture resistant on the rear.

27 speed

windshield mount broken
    comes with Side Mirror

The V-2 uses a larger diameter, thinner wall frame tubing than previous RANS models, making it stiffer without added weight. The stiffening makes the bike faster, particularly noticeable on sprints and climbs.

Hi, I'm selling this for my dad who unfortunately has gotten too old to ride it. He's had many fabulous roadtrips and adventures on it. His first bike ride was in 1968 from Salt Lake City to Tucson. He's been hooked ever since and explored easier ways to ride long distance and that's when he discovered the recumbent which he converted to be electric.

Please feel free to message with questions or if you'd like to see more pics or a live video tour with me. Thank You, Solstice Elliott

Local Pick-up Only. You could fly one-way into the St. George, Utah airport where we could meet you with the bike. You can then ride it back through the beautiful red rock desert Zion National Park, Bryce etc.

recumbent 1.jpeg recumbent 2.jpeg recumbent 3.jpeg recumbent 4.jpeg recumbent 5.jpeg recumbent 7.jpeg recumbent 5.jpeg recumbent 1.jpeg recumbent 6.jpeg

2. Solstice

Solstice

Region:
    SouthWest
    State/Country:
    UT
    City:
    Hurricane
    Ride:
    EBIKE RANS VELOCITY2
    Name:
    Solstice