1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unusual, effervescent and 'quite a lot of fun'

Discussion in 'International Riders (Outside the U.S.)' started by NewsBot, Nov 9, 2023.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    1699502136836.jpg
    Mike Ward was pleased to have his electrified recumbent bike back after it was stolen in 2017.
    Unusual, effervescent and 'quite a lot of fun': the life and times of ... Stuff

The life of a Nelson jeweller, artist, athlete, former Green MP and councillor is hitting the big screen.

The gala premiere of a documentary about Mike Ward will premiere on Thursday night.

The 81-year-old told Stuff it was “flattering” to be the subject of a documentary.

“I can’t really tell you what it’s about, apart from the fact that it’s about me,” he said.

Ward said his life had been “quite interesting”. By the numbers, he was the only person to run the first 28 Coast to Coasts across the South Island, and has completed other long distance runs including one across Scotland and one from North Cape to Bluff.

He has served six terms as a Nelson City Council councillor, contested five mayoral campaigns, stood in national elections spanning three decades, and completed 25 wearable art entries.

Continue reading...