1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selling Custom LWB/USS $650

Discussion in 'Buy, Sale or Trade' started by DonkeyBoy, Apr 18, 2023.  |  Print Topic

1. DonkeyBoy

DonkeyBoy

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Homebuilt
    My balance isn't what it once was, so I will be searching for a trike. In the meantime I need to make room~ This is a custom built LWB with USS. The frame is 4130 CrMo .035 wall tubing, brazed together. The seat is made from steel tubing, and fits me, I'm about 5'9", but probably your favorite commercially built seat can be made to fit. The crankset is a Bontrager branded (Truvativ) hollow spindle triple. Front wheel has a Sturmey Archer Drum brake hub with sealed cartridge bearings, and SUN CR18 20"(406) rim Newish Schwalbe Maraton Greenguard tire. The rear has a Sun 26"(559) rim, with a Parallax hub, Shimano 9spd cassette, and a Kenda Tire. Derailleurs are Shimano SLX with Shimano bar end shifters.Rear brake is Tektro V-brake. The steering bearings are sealed cartridge bearings for long life, the headset is a Tange Levin Japanese made steel unit, smooth and long life. I sell the bike as is, although I believe everything is functional and in good condition. Shipping would probably be expensive, so local pick-up is preferred. $650
    Northeast Indiana. IMG_8435.JPG

A.D. likes this.
  2. DonkeyBoy

DonkeyBoy

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Homebuilt
    I have decided to part this bike. I will sell the frame, fork, Tange Levin headset, and associated steering linkage separate.