1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of the blue, back on a Recumbent BICYCLE again!

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by bjjoondo, Apr 15, 2023.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    After selling my last SUN EZ-1 SX (steel framed) recumbent bike, and deciding to go to TRIKES only, out of blue a good friend decided to "Thin the Herd" as they say and offered me his 2008 SUN EZ-1 SC Lite (Aluminum framed), for a price I couldn't refuse! :) So I've decided that since we are "Carless", (IE: can't afford to own and maintain a car on our meager Social Security Retirement Income!), I'd use the BIKE as my main "cargo trailer tugger" and give my trike a break. My balance on a bike at 67 isn't perfect but still I feel comfortable for short rides. The bikes name will be: Tugger and as soon as I get the bike some decent tires, (still has the OEM Primo Comets on it and the gumwalls are actually peeling!!!) :O I'll add the trailer receiver, flag, etc. and put this little gem to work!
    52819062476_a52b7bbd00_b.jpg

52819472470_68a631e857_b.jpg

Flatfoot likes this.
  2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    That bent is in great shape! Enjoy!!!

3. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Thanks, not bad for being 15 years old and it does feel lighter than the Steel Framed EZ-1's I've owned in the past. Hopefully the aluminum frame won't have any issues pulling the cargo trailer! :)

4. mobilemail

mobilemail

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Carrollton
    Ride:
    ICE Trike + others
    Name:
    Mark
    I didn't know they made an aluminum version of that frame design that's cool! I've seen some incredible deals on recumbents in my area on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I had to quit looking because I don't need more! (...and I really need to not buy more...)

bjjoondo likes this.
  5. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    They only made the aluminum version in 2007 & 2008. A good friend practically gave it to me to thin his bike collection down!

6. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Finally got the rain/snow to quit long enough to get up to AngleTech for a new front tire for the bike! We took the Big Apple 2.0 off the back of Jo's trike and replaced it with a Marathon Plus as she has a rear wheel hub e-assist motor, needed max flat protection. Put the Big Apple on the back of the bike, got a Marathon (green guard) in a 16x1.75 (305) for the front so all I need is to get the "cargo trailer" reciever off my ICE trike and install on the the bike and it's ready for "trailer tugging duties"! :) LOL the Marathon looks like a balloon tire after that 16x1.35 Primo Comet it replaced! Got in 10 miles, this bike handles better than the STEEL version EZ-1's I've owned in the past, it just seems a bit more steady and not as twitchy steering wise. LOL, at 67, I have found my "balance" is actually BETTER on the bike than when walking so no worries in that regard! It's slow, steady and has a really nice ride! :)

7. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Here is the finished machine, new tires, low rider paniner's rack, lights, etc. I also switched my trailer hitch receiver from the trike to this bike, it's going to be my errand and trailer tugger machine.
    52872556099_2e6e5a213d_b.jpg

Flatfoot likes this.
  8. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa