1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reecumbent comfort

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by wpgrecumbent, Mar 21, 2023.  |  Print Topic

1. wpgrecumbent

wpgrecumbent

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    Canada
    City:
    WINNIPEG
    Ride:
    homebuilt-atomic zom
    Name:
    Hugh MCCORMICK
    In winter I ride my mid drive equipped fat bike. Usually once a week with some retired friends and we ride singletrack trails through the Woods. Distance is mostly around 20km's and I've got to say when I get back to the parking lot my butt is killing me.

Contrast that with my homemade close to the ground delta trike. That gets used spring, summer and fall and often for 60 to 80 Km rides. With NO butt pain or wrist or any other pain. When I do stop for a quick break I'm a little wobbly for a couple of seconds but nothing hurts. I realize I.m preaching to the choir here but it needed to be said.

A.D. likes this.
  2. mobilemail

mobilemail

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Carrollton
    Ride:
    ICE Trike + others
    Name:
    Mark
    Recumbents for the win! I’m surprised that in-line recumbent popularity has dropped so much. The offer the comfort you talk about, and are faster, lighter and simpler than a trike. I’m not a hater, I have both. :thumbsup:

DozerCSX and A.D. like this.