1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My most recent ride in 2023 (part XVI in the series)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by A.D., Jan 3, 2023.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    This is still one of our most popular threads. We are now on our 16th year of this thread. [​IMG] We always start over in the new year and want to hear all about your recumbent rides.

So don't be bashful!!! When and where are you riding????

Note: If you enjoy this thread and would like to read of similar travels, check out

My Most Recent Ride 2022 ( Part XV of the series! )

2. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    First ride of 2023 for me was a whopping 1.65 miles. Go me!

But naturally, there's a full report of trike related stuff or things that impact it on my blog. So, here we go for a new year as I head off for a tooth extraction on this fortuitous day of Friday the 13th. :p

Terii

3. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    And out for a ride yesterday. Report on the blog of course.

Now, I'm going to burrow up under blankets while I combat a fever and play 'Is it a cold or is it Covid?'

Terii

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Yikes! :jawdrop:

5. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Fieldbrook
    Ride:
    '96 Haluzak Horizon
    Name:
    MAC
    Another fabulous winter day! 2023-01-17 025 (1200x901).jpg 2023-01-17 014 (1600x1201).jpg We have had a bit of wetness out here on the left coast but I get out once a week or so if possible. Earthquakes, windstorms, and power outages in Humboldt County just add to the adventure! Tuesday was a break in the storms and and a gorgeous break it was. A short ride to Blue Lake checking out the Mad River was a great workout with a fine view of God's green earth. :wink9:

Cheers,MAC

6. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I like your bike. I love 2-wheel recumbents...can't wait til it gets warm enough for me to ride as well.

Flatfoot likes this.
  7. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    Hi all!

Riding has turned into a bit of a struggle for some reason. Just, a week ago I think, I had energy and strength to spare, but threw it at catching up on chores and errands. I should have listened to Jens and put into riding. Alas.

All I know the past few days have been a physical struggle. Just a persistent weakness and fatigue that crops up. Yet, I have been riding. Between my physical issues and those chunky, studded winter tires combined with gravel surfaces whether unpaved or just scattered over asphalt, the going has been excruciating, but I've pushed through. With my inching along with rides of 3.8 miles or less, I hit the 50% completion point on my current virtual Challenge and on yesterday's ride, I reached Rivendell, house of Lord Elrond in the Fellowship virtual challenge.

I'm not going to lie. The only reason I shoved myself through the 2 miles yesterday was for that digital postcard. Thing is, it was motivation, so I can't call it silly. I'm also reminding myself that every mile I manage is, at some point, going to result in a stronger me once I shake off this physical malaise.

And, I might ride again today. Motivation this time is a combination of the challenge as well as the discovery that in terms of miles, this is the best January I've done since 2017 which had just over 70 miles. I'm sitting on a whopping 20.5 miles as of right now and I may ride again today.

Any way. Full blog babble of all things that affect my cycling interspersed with some actual riding at blazing speeds of 3.6 moving averages or less for distances of 4 miles or less. Woohoo! Go me! :p

Terii

rivendell-jan28th.jpg

8. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Thank you! Love the postcard :)

9. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Fieldbrook
    Ride:
    '96 Haluzak Horizon
    Name:
    MAC
    Monday was another lovely day in the neighborhood! Trying hard to get back in shape I'm riding at least once a week weather permitting. These shots are views from Scenic Drive, Trinidad, Northern CA. It is an amazing stretch of road that is half gravel due to the constant repair that keeps it from falling into the Pacific Ocean. As I get healthier and ride further North the beauty seems endless. A bent riders paradise if you don't mind a few hills, LOL. Cheers, MAC https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31996715 2023-01-30 010 (1600x1201).jpg

2023-01-30 007 (1600x1201).jpg

10. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Great pics!!!

Flatfoot likes this.
  11. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    It's been really COLD and some snow for over a week, but it came to an end, so we were able to get out here and there! The morning was 17 F, we bundled up to ride to an appointment at AngleTech, www.cycledifferent.com to have fender sets installed on both the trikes. We headed out on the Pikes Peak Greenway, then up the Sinton Trail to the shop. Thought we'd have to drop the trikes off overnight, but we got lucky and were able to get both techs to work on the trikes!! We walked over to the Black Bear Diner for lunch as I got a gift card, then back to the shop and waited a bit till the trikes were completed. Jo's 2009 ICE Trice T can only use a specific ICE factory rear rack due to the rear suspension set up. They quit making this rack years ago, luck again was with us, Kirk did some digging around in the old backstock in the warehouse and found a used factory rack! We had it installed, this way Jo can use her panniers and rack bag instead of the awkward seat bag we bought as we figured the rack was unobtainable!
    From the shop we headed back down Sinton to the Greenway again and up to the University Village Colorado Center and Panera Bread for our snack and hot tea as with day was sunny but still chilly. This was Friday February 3rd. The temps warmed for the weekend so we got to ride all 3 days. Mon. and Tues. are quite chilly so we probably won't ride. After the long chill it was great to get in several days of rides! [​IMG]2[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Fieldbrook
    Ride:
    '96 Haluzak Horizon
    Name:
    MAC

You all look nice and warm and comfy! :wink9:

13. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Just a lucky break between snow storms!! Got up to 6 inches coming in to night, RATS! :(

14. mobilemail

mobilemail

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Carrollton
    Ride:
    ICE Trike + others
    Name:
    Mark
    I didn't get any pics, but I was fortunate to take the Vision R40 out yesterday for a 19 mile ride in 65 sunny degrees!! It was wonderful!!!!! And in IL truly a gift in February.

bjjoondo and Flatfoot like this.
  15. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    We've had more cold and VERY WINDY days so far in March, well it is supposed to be the 2nd. snowiest month in Colorado!! The wind has been really bad, gust's up to 70 mph. at times, steady winds in the 30 to 40 mph range. Most of our rides have been "errand" rides as we have NO CAR. Short and sweet, we have to put on several layers of bike clothing to stay warm, skull caps and toe covers too! The last two rides were to get new tires and some needed service work done at our local dealer, Angletech, www.cycledifferent.com we have managed to get in a stop of lunch or a HOT unsweetened tea to go with our homemade energy bar, (Jo is a type 2 diabetic so I make these with Stevia non-sugar sweetener and Almond flour, ie: no sugar and a LOT less carbs!), We spend a lot more time on our "recumbent bike style exercise bike" this time of year than we like!! :( I call it the, Klingon Torture Device! ;) Looks like we may get a break from the CHILL on Tuesday and Wednesday but then possible SNOW on Wed. night into Thursday. Will have to hook up the cargo trailer and go get FOOD on Weds. morning! BJ
    52745268815_571387cf9e_b.jpg

Flatfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.