1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DIY accessory mount

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Flatfoot, Dec 25, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Fieldbrook
    Ride:
    '96 Haluzak Horizon
    Name:
    MAC
    If you enjoy tinkering like me, you just might build a better mouse trap. First off you convince your wife her MTB bars are way to wide (just kidding). Then with a P clamp, spacer, a 6mm nut and bolt, voila, you have an ultra-light gadget mount for pennies! It is very sturdy, but if hit hard enough I reckon it will move a bit. This is preferable to your computer and light absorbing all the blow. My headlight is mainly for day time safety so foot flash is not an issue. Cheers, MAC

2022-12-25 010 (1600x1201) (1200x901) (900x676).jpg

2022-12-25 003 (1600x1201) (900x676).jpg

2022-12-25 004 (1600x1201) (900x676).jpg

2022-12-25 012 (1600x1201) (900x676).jpg

A.D. and Uncle Chunk like this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Some company, and I forget the mfg, used to make similar bars for add-ons that went down into the top of the post and used a wedgenut to hold it in place. But like you, if I can dig through some stuff I have laying around and create what I need, all the better! :thumbsup:

AmosTheDog and Flatfoot like this.