1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Still alive but barely kicking

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by B-Savage, Dec 15, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. B-Savage

B-Savage

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    MI
    City:
    Marion Springs
    Ride:
    Giro 26, CA-2
    Name:
    Dennis
    Hi all. It has been a long time and I do apologize for not checking in more often. I do touch base with Ward from time to time though. I still think of many who I enjoyed chatting with years ago and I wish you all well.

To bring you up to date, sadly I lost the love of my life on December 30, 2020. No, it was not covid. But I felt as if I lost my life then too. I've sort of been in a daze since and still am. Life just is not what it used to be. btw, we were married exactly 59 1/2 years as we were married on 6/30/62. She was my life!

My body still balks at riding and I'm not sure if I can ever get it back again. Main problems started with polio in my youth. Bad injury in 1984. 16 surgeries. Of course, now full of arthritis (some say full of something else) and turned 80 in October.

I do have the bike inside and will continue to try getting on it through the winter. Right now I wait for a visit from my son to help put a new tube in the rear wheel. My last surgery (on neck) really screwed up one arm and even more so the hand so I'm even more uncoordinated than I was and getting rear wheel off and on is difficult. He will be here in 2 weeks so will start again then.

I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2. RockyRoads

RockyRoads

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Louisville
    Ride:
    Burley Canto
    I'm new here but I know that we all need to support each other on a basic human level.
    I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you can find peace and strength through friends and family and doing things that you enjoy. One day at a time is the way, it's not just a saying.
    Take care.

B-Savage likes this.
  3. traacker

traacker

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Mars Hill
    Ride:
    ActionBent
    Name:
    greg
    Clearly, the world has changed...
    Fondest memories shall prevail, I hope for you.

Thanks for the message; it's pretty cool when I get an alert that someone has posted on the board and keeps a connection going.

BTW, 1d *time works for me too! You probably know that too...

Hey, thanks for that wheel link. I often wondered what that word meant! I shall have more time now since one has already been invented! :wink9: lol

Sharing is Caring
    KOPIMI

B-Savage likes this.
  4. B-Savage

B-Savage

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    MI
    City:
    Marion Springs
    Ride:
    Giro 26, CA-2
    Name:
    Dennis
    lol. I have no idea how that turned into a link.

btw, it feels like spring this morning. We had some rain and it just hit 40 degrees! It does sound like many will be getting winter temps by next week. I'd like to see the ground freeze. I have a bunch of tree tops I need to get out and onto high ground. We have a big wood party every spring and then it is usually too wet to get to them. So I need to get some out so the guys can cut them into firewood.

Here is a picture from a couple years ago. Not everyone got into the picture but this was our largest party with 73 or 74 attending.
    Group 2019.JPG

Flatfoot, A.D. and RockyRoads like this.
  5. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :laugh9: ha, ha That’s a feature that’s built into the board. With so many newbies signing up and wondering about things, it’s just a click away to learn more about items/terms/brands. :wink9:

Dennis,
    Certainly good to hear from you again. Sorry for the loss of your wife. I’ve lost my father and then my mother to dementia, which was a painful process, but losing your lifetime mate & daily partner has got to be a very hard hit. :sad9:

Still it is good to hear from you again and know you are making it, even if it is day-at-a-time. :thumbsup:

B-Savage likes this.
  6. B-Savage

B-Savage

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    MI
    City:
    Marion Springs
    Ride:
    Giro 26, CA-2
    Name: