1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt. Kevin Greene Forges His Own Path

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Aug 22, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 3.04.54 PM.jpg
    Sgt. Kevin Greene Forges His Own Path News 13 Orlando

Orlando, FL - Even as he zooms by on his recumbent bike, the first thing you notice about Sgt. Kevin Greene is his smile.

He's happy. He's in the zone competing as an athlete once again riding through the trail at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. That passion and personality draws people in.

“It’s like I’m being with a bunch of best friends that can all relate to what I’m going through and not feel isolated in a world where people don’t quite understand," Greene said while on his ride. "I appreciate it. I’m going to do my best."

His attitude and upbeat nature battles for your attention with his prosthetic left leg.

“When I go to the beach it’s frustrating because I miss having my 10 toes in the sand," Greene said. "When I look down at it I can’t believe that I’m standing up.”

Throughout most of his life, Greene has stood tall. He enlisted in the Air Force Reserves in 2012 and found himself on the fast track to success. In 2014, he was forced to take a new path.

“I was waiting at a stoplight on Post Road, waiting for the light to turn green. I looked to my right. Looked to my left. I wake up in the hospital.”

While on his ...

Continue reading...