1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm Baaack!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by aenlaasu, Jul 17, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    I have been WAY too scarce. Of course, my rides have been humdrum and tedious for the most part. Last year, I barely eeked out 179.9 miles. This year is going better at least. My first adventure ride in a while was just this last Wednesday, June 13 when I drove 2 hours to one of Sweden's Canals. My husband's mom and sister took a ride on a tour boat as I rode around the countryside and tow path.

It was a BRUTAL 7.75 miles that nearly destroyed me. A whopping moving average speed of 2.9 mph. I've not worked so hard for a ride in ages. I practically had to crawl to the car at the end of it. Some nice photos and it was nice to be off the hamster tracks. :D

I'll start checking in more regularly. Hope all are good!

Terii

RodO likes this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Hey Terii,
    Good to hear from you. At that speed, I figured you were just REALLY busy sight-seeing. :wink9: Anyway, good to know you're still out there, making tracks!

My woeful riding efforts have concentrated on a slower speed and a longer times in the saddle, all to just burn off some fat. :exercise:. However, it has paid off. Over about six weeks or so, I'm down 15 pounds and holding. :thumbsup:

Flatfoot likes this.
  3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Welcome back. You were missed!!!

4. Uncle Chunk

Uncle Chunk

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Franklin
    Ride:
    Greenspeed Magnum XL
    Name:
    Uncle Chunk
    I understand your plight. The last couple of years have been rough for me too.
    Feeling better now, I think I have the health issues under control.
    Should be back on the trike next week!
    Keep pedaling!

A.D. likes this.
  5. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Congrats AD on the weight loss, that is awesome. UC & Terri, good to hear from you guys again as well as you Jon. I think the past two years has put a hurting on everyone.:sad9: My riding is non existent at the moment since every bike/trike is in storage.'m getting desperate:hissyfit9:I and ticked:gripe:....need Willie G to go get it for me.

6. aenlaasu

aenlaasu

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    Sweden
    City:
    Uppsala
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Name:
    Terii
    Awesome news, AD! I'm hoping to get the same results as I build back up some strength.

I hadn't anticipated that the terrain around the 'new' (we've been here a 1.5 year now) house would give me such issues. But after the canal ride, I've gotten stronger and able to tackle the hills for shorter rides now. That feels good.

I've gotten a few more rides done since I popped in, but just more hamster tracks. Rimbo rail trail and the way by the river. Oh, and now, my husband is playing tennis with a friend not far from Old Uppsala. We've made it a habit where he drops me off at the burial mounds and I ride across the city to the area around the ski slopes. Feels quite nice to not do an 'out-n-back' :D

Terii

A.D. likes this.