1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you have youtube videos of your trail rides

Discussion in 'Recumbent Discussions' started by razinCain, May 25, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. razinCain

razinCain

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Nature Coast
    Ride:
    The original TiGlide
    Greetings all, I have noticed quite a few of you like to create ride videos of trails you enjoy, so I would like to ask you to consider cross-posting on my website trailseek.net

It's easy to add a trail and link your video(s). I started the website a few years ago, but I put it on the back-burner because of Covid. I'm now finalizing the site and I would love to see more content. The goal is to become a video-centric compendium of bike trails to give people a good idea of what a trail is like before they visit.

I'm not seeking profit with this, I just want to have a place that aggregates a lot of trail video in a simple, informative way, but I can't create enough content by myself. If you are interested, go to trailseek.net and on the left toolbar select "Login/Register" where you create a quick (free) account. Then on the top toolbar select "Add/Edit Trail' and enter your trail info. After a trail is entered I will confirm it is a real entry and then publish it to the site. The more trails you host the better!

It's quite easy to add trails, but I will always listen to your input on how I could make it better.

Thanks,
    Tim - trailseek.net

A.D. likes this.
  2. Smith Roadie

Smith Roadie

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    LA
    City:
    Abita Springs
    Ride:
    Carver Ti-Glide
    Name:
    John
    i like your website Tim, as I use it to plan my Iowa touring before starting RAGBRAI. It's a good excuse for me to buy a GoPro.

3. razinCain

razinCain

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Nature Coast
    Ride:
    The original TiGlide
    Thanks for the kind words John, I appreciate it. I wrote it by myself in my free time, so I want to finally get it out there. I should add if you have Strava or something that can create a GPX file of your trail(s) they can be uploaded too and I can make a map for your trail(s).

PS a GoPro or a clone is a lot of fun. Beware it might lead to a drone :)

trailseek.net

A.D. likes this.
  4. Tri-Seeker

Tri-Seeker

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    Czech Republic
    City:
    Prague
    Ride:
    Trike, mongo-ish
    Nice, but kinda wrong part of the globe, at least for my POV :rolleyes9:

5. razinCain

razinCain

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Nature Coast
    Ride:
    The original TiGlide
    Thanks, I guess there is no reason I couldn't make it international.

A.D. likes this.
  6. Railtrailer

Railtrailer

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Nyack
    Ride:
    HP Velotechnik Gekko
    Great site, Tim. Good luck with it. I'll try to post my local railtrail soon!

7. razinCain

razinCain

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Nature Coast
    Ride:
    The original TiGlide
    Thank you! Let me know if you have any difficulties. I look forward to getting your content on there!

8. Donnyyt

Donnyyt

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    Wales (UK)
    City:
    Cardiff
    Ride:
    TerraTrike
    I like your site. Usually I don't really like to make videos of my rides - I don't know why, I'm just uncomfortable, but I want to participate in the development of your site and I'll try to make some video (but this is not accurate)

9. razinCain

razinCain

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Nature Coast
    Ride:
    The original TiGlide
    Thank you and no worries, you don't have to narrate or have yourself in the video, just the trail you are riding is all we really need to see, so whatever level of video you feel comfortable with is fine. Thanks!

A.D. likes this.