1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steering linkage postion

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Repair' started by Sundy, Apr 6, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. Sundy

Sundy

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    TX
    City:
    DONNA
    Ride:
    Sun EZ-3 USX
    The steering on my new to me trike was not centered. I removed the link shown, cleaned it up a bit, made it longer, and reinstalled it. I have been looking for a photo that shows the proper orientation of the link. I have not been able to find one. Almost all the images of an EZ-3 USX on the web are of the HD. Mine is not an HD.

There is some paint wear on the link where it was rubbing on the frame. I adjusted it so it does not rub anymore, I am just trying to verify that I have done the correct installation.
    20220406_110959_1.jpg
    20220406_110942_1.jpg

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    You're right, that's a hard picture to turn up. The best I could find is this one (below) and it appears that you've got it installed correctly...

ez3_usx_d.jpg

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    This picture shows it pretty well on an X3 USX, from the Utah Trikes website (here)...

DSCN5946.JPG

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    And lastly, one from an old (i.e. expired) eBay listing...

Sun-Delta-Recumbent-Trike-X-3-USX-Speed-Lite.jpg

5. Sundy

Sundy

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    TX
    City:
    DONNA
    Ride:
    Sun EZ-3 USX
    Excellent! Thanks for the help. I guessed right this time.

A.D. likes this.