1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your ride?

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Mar 27, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    Recumbent_Bike_1600x960-1024x614.jpg
    What's your ride? Irvine Standard

Irvine, CA - Monica McCarthy rides a recumbent Tricycle, which allows riders to recline and stretch their legs while pedaling.

Why ride a recumbent tricycle? I’ve been riding bikes for 35 years. I used to ride a road bike all the time. I’d ride 50 miles every Saturday and Sunday. I’d go on biking trips. And if I had a day off, I’d ride with the Bicycle Club of Irvine.

Three years ago, I felt a burning sensation in my neck and back, and tingling in my arms and hands. I had to stop riding. Then I tried a recumbent, which is easier on the back. It’s night and day. I was able to get back to riding with friends and the club.

How did it change your life? I don’t have any more neck or knee issues. It was important for me not to give up things. This bike is a blessing. I named it “The Light at the End of the Tunnel.” I cannot ride like I used to anymore, but it helps me stay connected with people I care about.

Continue reading...