1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Park visitors take advantage of warm weather before it turns cold again in PA

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Feb 23, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 8.48.44 PM.png
    Park visitors take advantage of warm weather before it turns cold again PAHomePage.com

Wilkes-Barre, PA - It was unseasonably warm Wednesday.

Wednesday’s weather had many people soaking up the SUN. Eyewitness News stopped by a local park as families enjoyed the weather while it lasted. The sun was out to play Wednesday, encouraging many families to head to Kirby Park.

Jay Hernandez hit the pavement sporting his helmet and blue scooter.

“We’re just out having fun enjoying this nice weather,” Jaqueline Hernandez, Jay’s mom, said.

Some children spent the afternoon in the sun at the playground with not a cloud in the sky according to their forecast. By 1 p.m. it was a pleasant 60 degrees. Great weather to go down the slide, swing and play.

Dog owners were taking advantage of the warmth too, getting their pups their long walk in while the weather lasts.

“It’s definitely nice. It’s refreshing to get a break from the cold and snow,” Jordan Everett, who was walking her dog, said.

Even cyclists brought out their bikes. Mike Blasius sped past the Eyewitness News crew on his recumbent trike. The 83 year-old veteran says he’s been listening to the Eyewitness weather forecast for the end of the work week.

“We’re going to get hit tomorrow though. Yeah I enjoy it. I come out every day it’s, any day it’s over 20 I’m out,” Blasius said.

Donald Karwoski of Plymouth ...
    Continue reading...