1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canadian in the USA, looking for recumbent pals

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wojo, Feb 13, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. Wojo

Wojo

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    VA
    City:
    Alexandria
    Ride:
    Linear limo
    Name:
    Mark
    Good day, a quick Duck Duck Go search brought me to RRI. I've been interested in recumbent riding since about 2018 and after moving from Belgium to the US in 2019 I bought myself a used (Iowa) Linear. I rode that thing all over the place; for commuting, exercise, errands, etc. Loved it so much I sold it and invested in a new Linear Limo just before Christmas 2021. Highly recommended if someone is in the market for a two-wheel LWB USS bent. Also, I can't speak highly enough of Peter Stull and his staff at BicycleMan. Great bunch of guys and highly knowledgeable.

Fixed gear riding is also an addiction of mine, but when the legs and back have had enough a few days on the bent is a delight!

Looking forward to great discussions and camaraderie from fellow bent riders.

Best,

Mark

A.D. likes this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :listenup: Just as a heads-up, users can do a Member Search and specifically look for others within their state/country.

3. RL7836

RL7836

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NJ
    City:
    Lebanon
    Ride:
    M5
    Name:
    Ron
    Quick FYI - John Hammer typically organizes group rides in/around New York City including the Dutchess Rail Trail (1-2 hours north of city). While these stopped during the extreme covid years, rumor has it that he might test the waters this year. The DRT ride includes the Walkway over the Hudson which is always amazing.

4. needforspeed

needforspeed

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TX
    Ride:
    no sure yet
    Name:
    Zachary
    If you ever come down to Texas, I’d be happy to ride with you! However, please keep that Canadian cold up north…