1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cyclist hit and killed near Woodward Park in Fresno, CA

Discussion in 'Health and Safety' started by NewsBot, Jan 12, 2022.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    So sorry to hear of this. I just wanted to point out, that I don't see any flags on the trike and I guess that's a single battery-powered flashing taillight.:idunno: While flashing lights can command attention at long distances after dusk, unless they are really bright (i.e. Dinotte, etc.) it's hard to do so in broad daylight. Flags may not have helped either during this age of cellphone-dependent, inattentive drivers :embarrassed9:.

If I were riding in a new area (where drivers were not used to seeing me on the road), I would be very tempted to have one (or more) helium balloons tethered to my ride just to catch people's attention.

3. NewsBot

Name:
    I am a Robot
    Screen%20Shot%202022-01-14%20at%2012.32.53%20PM.jpg

‘He had a huge impact.’ Former high school teacher killed in cycling collision remembered Fresno Bee

The cyclist killed Wednesday afternoon in a collision with a truck in a busy intersection next to Woodward Park was a high school English teacher who had retired in June.

Paul Moore, 61, was killed on a recumbent-style bicycle around 1:30 p.m. at Friant Road and East Audubon Drive in Fresno. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Fresno Police said the investigation is continuing.

Moore taught in the Kerman Unified School School District for 24 years, district Assistant Superintendent Gordon Pacheco told The Bee on Thursday morning.

“While at Kerman High School, he taught every grade level and his favorite course was AP English,” Pacheco said. “He served as the varsity boys tennis coach, varsity girls tennis coach, Language Arts Department chair, journalism adviser and several class adviser positions.”

Continue reading...

4. NewsBot

Name:
    I am a Robot
    fe60498d-dafc-4c1f-9e54-f591033cd90c-Capture.PNG
    Man identified following fatal collision near Friant and Audubon in Fresno KMPH Fox 26

FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) — A man is dead after officers say he was hit by a truck while riding a bike Wednesday afternoon in Fresno.

The Fresno Police Department says the collision happened around 1:30 p.m. at the intersection of north Friant Rd. and east Audubon Dr.

The man killed in the collision was later identified by the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office as 61-year-old Paul Moore of Fresno.

Fresno Police say Moore was riding a recumbent-style bike when he was hit and killed by someone driving a truck, who cooperated with investigators.

Police had the roads in the area closed during the investigation, which has since reopened.

It’s unknown if the driver is facing any charges.

Continue reading...

5. NewsBot

Name:
    I am a Robot
    This was the 19th traffic-related fatality in 2022, Trueba Vega said. There had been 32 deaths at this same point last year.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.34.14 AM.jpg

In January, 61-year-old Paul Moore was killed while riding a recumbent-style bicycle at Friant Road and East Audubon Drive near Fresno’s Woodward Park. The death drew attention to the dangers of walking and riding in the area, which the city began working to address.