1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello from Suffolk in the UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GrandadPig, Oct 16, 2021.  |  Print Topic

1. GrandadPig

GrandadPig

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Wales (UK)
    City:
    Wickham Skeith
    Ride:
    Anthrotech
    Hi, I used to ride an AnthroTech trike 16 miles to work and back to my job as a farm mechanic on a mixed farm. That was over 20 years ago! I am now in my mid 60’s, retired and have just bought another Anthrotech.

So I am about to attempt to get back into cycling, but this time I have arthritis in wrists, both knees and a dodgy hip, am overweight and certainly not as fit as I was back then! Wish me luck, I’m going to need it.

one thing I have noticed already is how much things have moved on, lights, for example, are so much smaller, brighter and weigh less than 20 years ago.

I am bound to have stupid questions, hope you guys don’t mind.

Steve

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Hey Steve, :welcome_to:. I am soon approaching my mid-sixties as well...boy time sure does fly! :surprised:

GrandadPig likes this.
  3. GrandadPig

GrandadPig

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Wales (UK)
    City:
    Wickham Skeith
    Ride:
    Anthrotech
    Thank you. Time certainly flies as you get older.

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Hey, I am turning 70 next month and I am still riding my bents (although not nearly as fast!!!).

GrandadPig likes this.
  5. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Welcome Steve, no spring chicken here either at 61. I've been on bents for 18 years, a 2003 Bacchetta Strava my first bent.

A good place to tell stories make some long distance friends.

GrandadPig likes this.