1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gwinn, MI cyclist recovering from Colorado bike crash

Discussion in 'Health and Safety' started by NewsBot, Aug 11, 2021.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    VKQH47BMNVCH3AQVQOFJKRZ2JY.jpg
    Gwinn cyclist recovering from Colorado bike crash UpperMichigansSource.com

Gwinn, MI - Retired U.S. Army veteran Ryan Lipinski’s bike trip around the country nearly turned tragic in Colorado.

“A semi came up behind me and hit me and destroyed my bike and all my gear,” Lipinski explained. “Apparently, I was dragged or thrown 78 feet.”

On July 1st, Lipinski began a bike route at the Oregon-Idaho border, aiming to reach Yorktown, Virginia to complete a trip around the country for the second straight year.

On July 22nd, he was hit in Eads, Colorado. The semi truck’s driver stayed at the scene. The police report says he was cited for “careless driving causing bodily injury.”

Lipinski broke his left arm, his left knee was briefly dislocated, and his helmet cracked. The vet says it is a miracle he survived.

“Other than that, I just had a bunch of bruises on my arm and one big cut on the back of my elbow,” he said. “It’s amazing I didn’t get more. I don’t know how I walked away with just that.”

As someone who has Parkinson’s Disease, he says the trip has some meaning to it.

“It’s to increase awareness of Parkinson’s,” Lipinski stated, “and to educate people that, even despite Parkinson’s, you can still get up and do things if you put your mind to it.”

While his ICE Recumbent Trike ...

Continue reading...