1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Going the distance: Janesville cyclist rides for Humane Society

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Sep 24, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    5f6cf6c67f110.image.jpg
    Going the distance: Janesville cyclist rides for humane society Gazettextra

Janesville, WI - Troy Falconer recently had the tips of two toes removed because of an infection.

The surgery didn’t slow him down for long.

Soon, the 49-year-old Janesville man was back on his recumbent trike pedaling for a cause.

Falconer has a passion for animals, especially dogs.

Last month, he began a 500-mile Challenge to raise money for the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin.

The challenge ends Sept. 30.

“If I don’t make it by the time limit,” Falconer said, “I will feel guilty and keep right on going anyway.”

So far, he has raised more than $1,600.

Maybe you have seen Falconer, wearing a Tampa Bay Rays jersey and sporting a flag promoting the professional baseball team on the back of his blue trike.

One of his favorite rides is from his home on the east side to Riverside Park.

On good days, he might pedal all the way to Fort Atkinson and back.

To help pass the miles, Falconer enjoys listening to 1980s heavy metal bands, including his favorite, Soul Asylum. If the Rays are playing, he won’t miss a minute of the action.

That Falconer rides at all is an act of grit.

He has had type 1 diabetes since age 4 and depended on ...

Continue reading...