1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A very MESSED UP Ride!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bjjoondo, Jul 4, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    50069964371_5607ca9899_b.jpg
    LOL, here is a video of our July 1st. ride, we were trying to ride the elusive Homestead Trail here in Co. Springs, CO. it's not well marked and is the trail with the steepest grades and lot's of short steep hills. We never managed to get on the trail due to all the entryway's I know of being blocked by "ditches" dug for laying CABLE, arrugh. We gave up and headed via sidewalks and back streets to the backside of the Templeton Gap Trail and over to Porta Park to find a shady tree for LUNCH!!

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Living in TN, I often forget everyone doesn't have trees just about EVERYwhere. But then again, I recall on our trip out West last summer there was a (pretty much) continuous breeze while we were out there. :heelclick: Something that here in East Tennessee, can be quite an elusive phenomena...unlike the ever-present humidity! ha, ha :lost-it:

bjjoondo likes this.
  3. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    We actually have a LOT of trees here, infact we are known as TREE CITY here in CO. It's just that we don't seem to have them anywhere near most of our URBAN TRAILS for some very strange reason?? There's only 1 or two places along these trails that have the "Excellent Tree Canopies" that you all seem to have around Cades Cove, etc. I'll admit that when I see vid's of that GA. area I wan't to MOVE IN asap!! Till I remember that you all have REAL humidity, (we here in CO. WILT if it get's into the 20% level or when it's going to thunderstorm and the humidity starts climbing!!! Yep we are WIMPS) :) That and you all seem to have quite a bit of flooding and in some areas way more tornado's than I'm comfortable with!! We have tornadoes but they are out on the Eastern flatland area's of CO. (which is basically Kansas, just 1 shade greener!!!)

A.D. likes this.