1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Going to DIY so I came back to ask questions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by biketoaustralia, May 16, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. biketoaustralia

biketoaustralia

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Hutchinson
    Ride:
    Vision
    Name:
    Ari
    I own a Vision R40. I've wanted a trike for a long time. But, it hasn't fallen out of the sky in all that time of wishing. I'm in love with a Greenspeed touring trike I remember ogling but now I can't even find mention of it on the internet. Greenspeed used to make a touring trike that had a cargo rack built into the frame similar to the add-on, T-Cycle Cargomonster. https://t-cycle.com/products/cargo-monster.

Do you know the name of the Greenspeed trike I am looking for? I can ask them for plans/schematics of the trike.

2. biketoaustralia

biketoaustralia

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Hutchinson
    Ride:
    Vision
    Name:
    Ari
    does anyone have an USS ICE trike I can get pictures of th e underseat steering?

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    My guess is you're referring to the Greenspeed UTE. It appeared in the Recumbent Cycle News in Sept/Oct 2004 issue #84 as seen below. It still appears on their website here and was renamed to the: New GreenSpeed GTU "Utility". The issue of the GREENSPEEDER newsletter about it, can be found here.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 12.50.03 AM.png
    From the Greenspeed eNewsletter:

GREENSPEED NEWS

The GTU UTE (Aussie slang for Utility Vehicle or pick-up truck). This will be a large capacity trike based on some commercial work we’ve been doing in Australia. The first pro- totype is completed and should make a debut on the website soon (see photo above).

Yes I have an USS ICE trike, so I'll get you some detailed pics of the underseat steering in the next day or two. :thumbsup:

GTU3fh1536.jpg

4. biketoaustralia

biketoaustralia

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Hutchinson
    Ride:
    Vision
    Name:
    Ari
  5. biketoaustralia

biketoaustralia

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Hutchinson
    Ride:
    Vision
    Name:
    Ari
    A.D. said
    Nope. this is a Cargomonster that is an add-on to a trike. My Vision R40 is the first time a cargomonster was put on a two wheel recumbent! cargomonster 1.jpeg

6. biketoaustralia

biketoaustralia

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Hutchinson
    Ride:
    Vision
    Name:
    Ari
    Greenspeed made a trike that had the rack integrated into the frame. I saw it online from 2009 to 2012. I can't even find mention of it now.

7. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :idunno: OK per the Greenspeed website the GTU has a Cargo Area, but it is not a Cargomonster. :hand7: Look at the green frame, inside the cargo box.

GTU3hrs1536.jpg

Here is a picture of the GTU 3S, w/o a cargo box...

gtu3s.jpg