1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two to go Home build

Discussion in 'Homebuilt and Modifications' started by Ben8325, Mar 15, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. Ben8325

Ben8325

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Palos Park
    Ride:
    no Bike
    Name:
    Ben
    Hi
    I have be enjoying my home built recumbent trike so much I build the second one for the wife. Go go down the local path outside of Chicago. The problem now is that we go so much down the same local trail it is not as interesting. I would like to buy a trailer to move the bikes around but I am concerned if we leave the bikes outside wile staying in a hotel over night the bikes may not be there when we get up.
    Here is a picture of the bikes. My bike now has a electric motor to help me get up the hills

1st bike - Copy.jpg

2nd bike frame.jpg

2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Get a rack and lock them to the rack.

Click here for a double trike car rack.

3. Ben8325

Ben8325

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Palos Park
    Ride:
    no Bike
    Name:
    Ben
    Thanks for the idea. I only spent about $125 to make the trike so buy a nice trailer like this is a hard one to swallow.

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I understand your hesitance in leaving them outside on a trailer, while away from home. Number one, I would chain (not cable) the trikes to the trailer when left outside. Secondly, out of sight is out of mind. As such, I would cover the trikes with a tarp so passer-bys could not see what is on the trailer.

Lastly, you seem fairly handy with a welder, have you considered constructing your own dual trike rack? Another option might be to borrow/rent a pickup to haul them with you on a trip to new trails.