1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Homebuilt Giro 20 clone

Discussion in 'Homebuilt and Modifications' started by downunder, Mar 7, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. downunder

downunder

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    Canada
    City:
    Vancouver
    Ride:
    bacchetta giro
    I'm new to this site , thought I'd post my homebuilt on here . Its based on the giro 20 but have been modifying it over the years . Dont have pics of the build but did it over one boring winter up here in the north west Canada. First try I made my own seat but that wasnt terribly comfortable especially without rear suspension. Made this last one from an obus forme seat pad with a couple springs under the backrest to make the bumps a little less harsh. I made all the parts but cheated a little and got a professional welder to tig weld it , been holding up great for 3 or 4 yrs now

Image017 (2).jpg

A.D. likes this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :welcome: Downunder, seems funny saying that with you being way-up above me on the map! :twitcy: Maybe it's just the color, but at first glance it reminded me of a Rotator Tiger like this. :thumbsup:

3. downunder

downunder

Region:
    NorthWest
    State/Country:
    Canada
    City:
    Vancouver
    Ride:
    bacchetta giro
    Thanks for the welcome . Downunder kinda refers to my first few experiences on recumbents . Being down and under them when the front wheel gets caught up an I wipe out . Trying to keep that at a minimum lately but once in awhile still happens :) . Recumbents are few an far between around here , gets lot of attention .