1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting in a ride between snow storms, here in Southern CO.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by bjjoondo, Feb 25, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Wow, Feb. has been a RPIA when it comes to getting in a ride here in Colorado Springs!! We've had double the SNOW fall this month over the last 3 years of Feb's. here and it's not giving up much as far as days to ride!! As I write this we have blowing light snow with 50+ mph. winds!!

We did get in a ride up and back on the Rock Island Trail last Sunday, although it was "cloudy" and a bit chilly at least it was just warm enough the 2 days before to melt most of the snow off the trail surface (asphalt/concrete) if not the grass area's on each side! We took that trail from it's current beginning at the junction of the RI and the Shook's run trails, headed north to it's current end point at Powers Blvd, it's a total of 20 miles. LOL, it was gray all day of course till we got the trikes back to the storage unit. We did add a bit to the ride by heading south on Shooks Run trail to the the Good Neighborhood Meeting House/Coffee Shop for a GREAT cup of hot coco! :) The SUN did finally break out a bit as we headed back up SR to the storage unit. It did feel great to get out on the trikes even for a short ride.

BTW, I'll be picking up a new to me trike as soon as our Federal Refund get's to us! Since we are now both living on our meger Social Security Retirement Incomes we really can't continue to afford the storage unit so I'm picking up a Terra Trike Traveler "FOLDING" trike, used of course from AngleTech here in C. Springs, (I'll never be able to afford a NEW trike ever again!!), we did finally find a barely affordable apartment but it's a tiny one bedroom on the 2nd. floor and I can't get me current "non-folding" Terra Trike Rover trike to fit thru the hallway doorway due to the building has VERY THICK fire doors and I just can't get my trike thru, RATS!! JoLynn's Trident Stowaway II is a folding model so I needed to find a "folder" for me and with pure luck a used TT Traveler came in for trade at the shop! :) Hopefully will have it out of Layaway by the middle of March. :)

Sorry for the crappy vid but I was actually trying to take "still photos" with the little cheap video cam, which it's suppose to be able to do but alas I did something wrong and came out with vid shorts instead of still photo's. ARRUGH! :(