1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Riding the Sinton and Foothills Trails, Colorado Springs, CO. Sunday Jan. 12th. 2020

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bjjoondo, Jan 13, 2020.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    It was a quite chilly and blustery day but they finally re-opened the Foothills Trail that goes by the entry way for the Garden of the Gods Park and Visitors Center as of Sat. the 11th. but it was too cold for this old man on Sat. High 30's with a brisk breeze up to wind level at times. The Foothills trail had a section of concrete trail washed out by heavy rains back in 2015 they made a temp. trail with asphalt but it's been in REALLY bad shape over the last couple of years! They decided to make a huge flood mitigation area and closed of the asphalt portion of the trail for the last several months. It's a real nice improvement as the old temp. trail is now smooth concrete and it's taken away from the old wash area, LOL, ya more hilly but concrete is so nice. I started at the Goose Gossage Youth Sports Park and rode the Sinton Trail up to the start of the Foothills Trail then hooked up with the 31st. Bike Lane to get to Colorado Ave. for a lunch and warm up stop! Headed back the same way as I "thought" I'd have a tailwind but alas it changed into a headwind again, rats! So here's the video I shot, the first half is me talking and explaining the trails the second half is just music till the internal batter in the camera gave out, ENJOY! :)