1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just joined

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Richardrwg, Oct 9, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. Richardrwg

Richardrwg

Region:
    West
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Stafford
    Ride:
    Sun EZ Speedster SX
    Name:
    Richard
    How I got here... Well, after a series of health issues and depression that followed, I really let myself go and put on some serious over poundage. I didn't realize how bad until I saw a picture of myself and was shocked and embarrassed. A few people suggested walking more and that thought just bored the hell out of me, so I decided to get back to bike riding. To be honest, I looked recumbent's because the seat looked comfortable. After a bit of research, I went with SUN because of the heavier frame, I'm pushing 300 LBS.

So, I found an EZ Speedster SX in remarkable condition for only $200.00 and picked it up. Well, after a few rides I decided to trike it, purchased a conversion kit, and couldn't be happier. I've added a bit to it and almost have it to my satisfaction. Just a few more tweaks. I won't deny,
    I try to get in a 3 to 5 mile ride everyday after work, but weekends I usually get in a 20 to 30 mile ride.

bike 4.jpg

bike 1.jpg

Bike 2.jpg

bjjoondo and A.D. like this.
  2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :welcome8: you are in the right place to talk about recumbents. So don't be shy, if you have any questions just ask and be sure to check out all the various forums as they will have plenty of info as well. By the way, your ride looks pretty snazzy.

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Hey Richard,
    :welcome: aboard!

Curious, who made your Trike Conversion Kit and where did you purchase it from? :cool9:

4. Richardrwg

Richardrwg

Region:
    West
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Stafford
    Ride:
    Sun EZ Speedster SX
    Name:
    Richard
    Thank you

5. Richardrwg

Richardrwg

Region:
    West
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Stafford
    Ride:
    Sun EZ Speedster SX
    Name:
    Richard
  6. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Nice looking bent!!!

7. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    MI
    City:
    Haslett
    Ride:
    M5CHR
    Name:
    John
    That looks like a reasonably well-built unit. It drives both wheels and has some sort of clutch assembly to prevent scrub in turns? Nice way to turn a Sun Speedster into a trike.

8. Richardrwg

Richardrwg

Region:
    West
    State/Country:
    NY
    City:
    Stafford
    Ride:
    Sun EZ Speedster SX
    Name:
    Richard
    No, it only drives on the right side, but it is solid and has handled not only road and road side riding, but a couple rides along a down hill trail. Not to mention the weight I put on it.

9. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Welcome, that's a really great looking trike conversion set up!! We had a Terra Trike Rover tandem Trike but "forced" changes will have us on separate recumbent trikes very soon! ENJOY! :)