1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Motor Less Mornings, RIDE at Garden of the Gods, Co. Springs, CO.

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bjjoondo, Oct 7, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Well JoLynn and I loaded up the tandem in the COLD WIND on Sunday and headed to the Buffalo Bicycle Lodge Resort to park and get the $5 all you can eat breakfast! After eating we headed out to ride the "Motor Less Mornings" Ride at the Garden of the Gods, sure glad we put on the fall/winter gear as it was very chilly even it the sunshine for the 1st. part of the ride, LOTS of uphill grades but the new 10 speed gearing REALLY helped! NO we aren't a bit faster but we rode up the inclines with a lot less work than with the original NuVinci N330 CVT rear hub we had before!! Turned out to be a GREAT day to ride and we both enjoyed the NO CARS ride in the GoG Park! Here's a vid we shot, enjoy! 1f642.png :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qEhlyOQ_s

2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    "Garden of the Gods"...I was there yesterday. My last day visiting my sweet Willie G. We really had a good time. Enjoyed the sunlight hitting Pikes peak as well as all the monuments. Beautiful place. We plan to go again in the near future. Saw plenty of wildlife while there too. People really making use of the bike lane. I bought a book and got lots of pictures. It is the only other (that I know of) Park that has not entrance fee. Really a great place to visit.

bjjoondo likes this.
  3. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Bummer we missed you both! It's even better on the Motor Less Morning Rides but yes, it's still good as it has a excellent bike lane all the way around! Hope you got to stop for lunch at the trading post cafe, much nicer than the new Visitor's Center Cafe IMHO. :) 2019-10-6.jpg

4. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    No we went into town for dinner at "Sherpas Garden" (Indian/Tibetan/Nepalese cuisine. Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Really stuffed ourselves.

bjjoondo likes this.