1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Labor Day cycling event is an annual tradition for Lake City retiree

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Sep 27, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    5d64e32550fbd.image.jpg
    Labor Day cycling event is an annual tradition for Lake City retiree Cadillac News

Lake City, MI - Wearing a T-shirt that reads "Psyclepath," Lake City retiree Roger Andrews explained why he will spend five days over Labor Day weekend riding his bike from East Lansing to Mackinaw City.

Andrews, 70, is no novice. This will be the 33rd time he's registered to ride the annual Dick Allen Lansing to Mackinaw DALMAC bicycle tour.

"Number one is that you did it and you feel proud of yourself," Andrews said. "You are out there on your own going from one place to the next under your own power...and then when you see the Mackinac Bridge!"

Andrews signed up for his first DALMAC in 1981, one year after he and Kathy married and gifted each other with bicycles.

"The first year I rode I was 32. I met up with an old guy, a regular on DALMAC and we rode together," Roger said. "He told me, 'I can tell you are enjoying this and you will be doing this for years.' So I'll always remember the old guy. Now I'm the old guy."

"I used to like the tours that rode 100 miles a day. Back then I would get in at 2 p.m." he said. "Now I take the shortest and most straight forward route. Saturday will be my longest day, 76 miles. You just have to be used to riding all day long."

Andrews said that as he ...

Continue reading...