1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Annual Fiesta Cruiser Ride Takes Over State Street

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Aug 6, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot

My hike leader friend Diane was out for a ride on her
    recumbent tricycle and was caught by surprise by the crowd!​

Annual Fiesta Cruiser Ride Takes Over State Street Santa Barbara Edhat

Santa Barbara, CA - The Fiesta Cruiser Bike ride is the biggest and longest running event in Santa Barbara that I had never heard of! An article in the Independent by Casey Kellogg traced it back to Fiesta 1979 and claimed that the ride grew to 1,200 riders by 2012. Back in 2016 I learned about this ride and gave it a try. And this year I was back to try it again.

Here are all my photos and videos!

I have been bicycling since I was six years old and have been president of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition. I do the Thursday Bike Moves rides. Yet, I had no idea about any of this. Although I saw a few people at this Fiesta bike event who I knew, my impression is that mostly this is a whole different crowd!

As in 2016, the police were out to be sure the cyclists obeyed the traffic laws. In 2016 I saw them issuing several tickets along the way. But this year everyone was on their best behavior. The police facilitated the riders in the congested downtown area and ...

Continue reading...