1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plymouth Pastor Pedals to Work in a Velomobile

Discussion in 'U.S. Riders' started by NewsBot, Jul 9, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    Screen%20Shot%202019-07-09%20at%204.16.00%20PM.png
    Plymouth Pastor Pedals to Work in a Velomobile ccxmedia.org

Minneapolis, MN - A pastor from Plymouth has a unique way of getting to work at his south Minneapolis church. Pastor Christopher Hagen uses a three-wheeled recumbent bike known as a Velomobile.

Several times a week, Hagen pedals 24 miles from his home in Plymouth to his office at Lake Nokomis Lutheran Church.

He mainly utilizes bike trails to make his journey, and he’s able to do it in a laid-back, reclining position.

“I get into a zone,” Pastor Hagen said. “So my pedaling cadence, and my heart rate, and my breathing all get synchronized. And so I just go cruising around and my mind frees and I can enjoy the weather and I can say hi to folks, and I just zoom along.”

The ride from Plymouth to Minneapolis takes ...

Continue reading...