1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bikeboat

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Mtwnrocket, Feb 24, 2019.  |  Print Topic

1. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    IMG_E1377red.jpg This is one reason I haven't been riding much lately. Not my farm, but only up the road a couple of miles. None of this water is normally there. The Cadillac nose down in the water and pickup truck up to its windows are out of frame to the left. The guy in a boat in front of the house was trying to get to the barn but couldn't get past his own fence. It is part of a new "lake" extending 1/3 mile in all directions and it was still raining when the pic was taken. We have been lucky in that we've only had 3-4" rain in the past few days in Morristown. To the west has seen 7" or more. We have had measurable rain 14 of the past 16 days. Fortunately for most it's all liquid. Maybe starts drying out tomorrow. If not I may try fitting the trike with pontoons.

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Wow! We've had a lot of rain down this way as well, the photo above looks similar to a lot of the farm's fields in the valley here.

I spoke to Buddy Bishop the other evening and he asked me if I'd been out riding any? I told him no, it's rained for the past several weeks down here. He sounded as if Cabin Fever was about to overcome him, so I expect him to be outside soon. ha, ha

3. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Photos like this could be taken every where around my area...flooding is an understatement 'round here. Barely got out the other day but couldn't get back in...had to make some detours and finally had to cross a spot that was just barely starting to flood in order to get back home. Few hours later the very same spot was under water. Saw my chickens paddling on the upper lot in their empty feed dish.

4. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Bummer, it's just been cold and snowy here in Colorado Springs, today we have freezing drizzle! LOL, of course the weather turns to CRUD just as the doctor has given the ok for JoLynn to start taking short rides on her trike again and I found a fantastic deal on a very slightly used Terra Trike Tour II recumbent trike and got it but haven't been able to do more than short ride around the Storage Unit Lot! :( Hope the rain stops for you guys soon, here well tommrow is suppose to be semi-decent but the weekend is high's in the TEENS F and chance for snow showers! RATS! :(