1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Most Recent Ride 2009 (Part II of series)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Rocketmantn, Sep 8, 2009.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Re: My Most Recent Ride II

A 33 mile night ride on the Weisel Wed. Clear but the temp did drop into the low 40's by the time we finished. I have new panaracer slicks on the Weisel and she is definately quicker off the line. Adv about 14.6 and I think I might be able to get her above 15 with the new rubber.

I actually feel safer at night with all the lights on the Weisel than I did in the daylight with Carbent. Because of its width and the multiple very strong blinking rear lights and a Reflective Triangle, cars are waiting to pass until there is no oncoming traffic. When they do pass they are all the way into the other lane :cool9:.

Mud, Acorns, wet leaves, so far I havn't foun anything that truly upsets the Weisel even with the thinner tires. I can easily move the front end around on steep hills if I don't spin well...I guess you gotta have some downside. The seat back doesn't like me as much as the seat on he Carbent so I am ready to quit after about 3 hours.

Happy Black Friday everyone

2. B-Savage

B-Savage

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    MI
    City:
    Marion Springs
    Ride:
    Giro 26, CA-2
    Name:
    Dennis

Ward, how does the seat on the Carbent compare with the Bacchetta seat?

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon

I found the same thing True when I rode my Wiz Wheelz trike. Cars would only pass when the lane was clear.

I will tell you I ride about 3 feet from the curb on regular streets so they still have to go over into the other lane.

4. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481

The Carbent fits ME a little better. Somehow the lumbar curve. There are several different ones out there, the VK which is what Dana uses on the Carbent, the M5 which is what Bacchetta uses, the Swanson (I don't know if it comes standard on any bikes, and there is a carbon seat that is pretty cheap sold on eBay.

I have several friends that ride the swanson and really like it. They are a bit wider than I am and that might be part of it.

5. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

I finally made it to the west coast. :jiggy9:

[​IMG]

HB Gene.jpg

6. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave

Wow, 20 years from now (when the picture was taken) the sky looks like broad daylight at 2:05am. Maybe there's something to this global warming deal...

Dave

7. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

You know your a **** right? Its one thing when we make fun of your pics cuz you're like a professional.But only a **** would make fun of a retards picture......:jiggy9:

8. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

I somehow by accident was able to post the pic;but now I can't figure out how I did it to post the others........:jiggy9:

Man I sure miss Jezzy!

9. LeakyDuck

LeakyDuck Email Defunct

Region:
    SouthWest
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Palmdale
    Ride:
    Sofrider
    Name:
    Darby
    Would You Like Some Whine With That

Last Sept, when we sold our truck & became car free, we knew it would get cold and we knew it would rain. What we didn't know is that we would end up as part time night watchmen at a construction site. In a few min we will start our 10 mile ride home from work. It is 28 degrees out there. At least it has stopped snowing.

10. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

Thats the way it is in Californication; one snow flake and cars are pulling over on the freeways,and CHP is shut'n down all the passes.......

Actually i do not mind the rain or the snow (prefer the snow over the rain on cold days).
    But i do not like riding in cold weather..I keep try'n new types of layering but have not found the one that works well enough for my sensitive,hot,pretty body....:jiggy9:

11. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave

I was only commenting on what I saw. I'd like to say my feelings are hurt by your apparently obscene tirade. But truth is I'm laughing my *** off and you've made my day! You had one nerve left and I got on it. Oh, and yeah, I know I'm a <fill in the blank> cuz I've been told many times by people who know me much better than you. It's a curse, this trying to get attention thing...
    --- Dave

12. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

Glad you can see the humor in it. Not sure what it is that your posed ta be,but i know its a four letter word..Just cannot seemed to think of any adjectives that would fit the tirade and still be 4 letters..
    Did you make it back to the bike shop today? :jiggy9:

13. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave

If you want I can give you a small dictionary of four letter words, some very creative, that I have been called over the years.

I'm gonna try going by the bike shop today on the way to dinner at church. Doesn't look like any weather for the next many days that I would venture out on two wheels. I'm a fair-weather cyclist, and that includes dry temps above 45 deg. and winds less than 20mph. So I'm gonna spend tomorrow and Friday in the Gatlinburg area, staying Thursday night with wife who is n an expense account at the Glenstone Lodge at a big teachers convention. Thank you, TN taxpayers, for the good time that I'm sure we'll have.
    ---Dave

14. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene

Wow nice hookup.Have a good time,but if the weatherman is right you may want to take your laptop. Looks like you will be spending most of your time indoors. :jiggy9:

15. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon

My wife is going to that convention to take classes. No expense account on our end though so she is driving up and back each day.

Have fun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.