1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LIGHTING POLE - IMPROVING VISABILITY

Discussion in 'Homebuilt and Modifications' started by LaidBackRider, Nov 18, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. LaidBackRider

LaidBackRider

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    England (UK)
    City:
    Portsmouth
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Screen%20Shot%202018-11-17%20at%2010.29.22%20PM.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-17%20at%2010.29.53%20PM.jpg

I'm really enjoying the ICE Sprint Trike the more I ride it . I have never felt more vulnerable on the bike compared to a conventional upright. However I will concede that certainly around town and in traffic/ parked cars you are less obvious to others. Now of course you can use any number of flags etc but i've always found that whatever colour clothing/flags are a 'static' colour can just be 'looked through' by a careless observer. I think flashing lights work best.

So that got me thinking. what if I could...

...continued

RajeevHemmady likes this.
  2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
  3. LaidBackRider

LaidBackRider

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    England (UK)
    City:
    Portsmouth
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 26
    Thanks A.D they are also super lightweight a key factor in this lighting rig

4. Uncle Chunk

Uncle Chunk

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Franklin
    Ride:
    Greenspeed Magnum XL
    Name:
    Uncle Chunk
    I like the idea of mounting them on a pole above the trike.

5. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Especially with all the hills here in Tennessee! LaidBackRider sent me an updated photo of his latest configuration now...

lightpole.jpe