1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ride time

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Aug 11, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well haha..huh ha. I actual got in some ride time this morning. Ha! First in nearly a year. Dropped off some trikes to the "Honor The Warriors " group in Charlotte, NC. Yesterday...stayed overnight. Got up at 7am and went for a 15 mile ride. Oh my legs and lungs rebelled!! But after 4/5 miles the old muscle memory kicked and things were going well. I got in my groove and was pedaling along just fine. I was on a Jouta tandem quad recumbent with Willie G. ...it had e-assist. Never used it until we hit some pretty steep hills. Other than that we were flying. Legs are a little tired but otherwise ok.

A.D. and bjjoondo like this.
  2. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    GREAT!! Hope you get more riding time in soon! Man, the wife and I would LOVE to have a Tandem Recumbent Trike someday, they are just so !*#$%^&*() EXPENSIVE! ;) Glad you had a good time out. :)

3. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    You wanna talk expensive? Mark Power recently got a 18 passenger van and stripped it of all but the front seats. He just left for Virginia and down the east coast to deliver an entire load of customized trikes to various impaired veterans. I heard he had a dozen trikes on board. Extremely valuable cargo both in physical dollars and good will/mental health. No doubt those heroes are watching out their windows for the van to pull into their driveways.

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I had to go look and see what a Quad Tandem looked like, NICE...esp w/electric assist. :thumbsup:

Jouta-blue-tandem..jpg

5. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Great you got out. woohoo

I am heading to Florida this week for 3 weeks with my Corsa and plan to leave it and my bike rack down there. I am planning to ride 3 times per week. I haven't been on my bent much but have been on either a treadmill or elliptical 5 times a week. So I think my lung capacity should be OK. Just need to get the bent leg muscles working again. YIPPEE!!! I still have my Strada and another bike rack to use here in Knoxville and plan to start on it soon. (Just in time for winter!!!)

bjjoondo likes this.
  6. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Yeah, I was happy to get out too. It's been way to long. I'm leaving Wed for Philly for business and won't be back until next Mon. After which I am going to start working in some ride time every week to start and then try and work in some more.

bjjoondo likes this.
  7. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well,it looks like I am going to get in some more ride time this coming weekend. I am leaving for Philly tomorrow for a conference and Willie G is coming along to have a meeting with the CEO of a new US E-bike company. They're lending us 2 e-bikes to ride around down town and go sight seeing instead of using Uber or a cab. So we'll be giving a good review when we return.

bjjoondo and A.D. like this.
  8. Fuzzy47

Fuzzy47

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Spring City
    Ride:
    RecumbentUSA Trike-X
    Name:
    Mick
    Not quite a ride report - but related ! Had an appointment early Tuesday morning with my local quack, and in the course of chatting she enquired if I had been riding my trike on the US.27 "paved shoulder" bike track the previous morning between Dayton and Spring City as she'd passed a man on one on her ride into the office. I replied, "Not me !", as I'd been riding the Dayton walking track that morning. On the return ride home from the appointment, what should I pass but aforesaid rider on trike heading south ... of course stopped to chat.

He, and spouse, also a triker, were full-time RV-ers, camping near Watts Bar for the summer before heading south and west, "Snowbirding for the winter" in the Yuma, AZ area. As an ex-full-timer myself, before settling on this Tennessee ridgetop 20 years ago, we found plenty of topics to chat about. Invited him to visit the forum and join in the discussions here. He was riding an early, but well equipped, Catrike Road by the way - but senility being what it is, I have totally dis-remembered his name ... Sigh !

He did mention that, during his rides along the US.27 track he had met another "local" triker in the Rockwood area ... so there are more riders out there in "these yere 'ills !"

Fuzzy

bjjoondo and A.D. like this.
  9. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well, I didn't get to ride this weekend...Willie G went to his meeting and I had so many meetings that by the time the weekend came, I was TIRED! We did walk a little in the city. Had my first subway ride. That was interesting. Even though there wasn't any trash lying around...the smell of urine was overwhelming. The homeless/bums come down at night to stay etc. and apparently they just "go anywhere and everywhere". That is what the ticket person said. there were bicycles and ride share bike stations everywhere. Unfortunately many of the cyclists I saw did not follow road rules. Many were going against traffic..some were splitting lanes. there were road bikes, a few mtn bikes, cruisers, fixed gear bikes and even a few recumbent bikes.Definitely a bike friendly town. Got to see many cool architectural buildings...and went to this place called "Reading Market", used to be an old train station. It has food restaurants of every type you can imagine, an open air super market inside with butcher shop-meat hanging, furniture, clothes, household goods, you name it. It made me think of how market places used to be way way back in the day. We sat and had lunch at a "kosher" deli/cafe. OH MY GOODNESS!!! the food was impeccable!. Talk about good. Mmmm
    Anyway, the trip was fruitful for Willie G, because it turns out that after a really good meeting...Willie G is going to be the new lead designer at this new Bike/E-Bike company in PA. So :woohoo:
    He can work remotely from here and fly up for meeting and product launches later as needed.

bjjoondo likes this.
  10. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Well done William on your new job!!!

bjjoondo likes this.
  11. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    I got to ride today. I am in Pensacola at our condo. This is a big transition trip. I brought my Corsa and Yakima bike rack down TO STAY! That will make the trips up and back from Knoxville much easier without them. We have a storage room where I can fit my bent if it is vertical. So just bought a vertical stand off Amazon and it arrived at our front door today. Will put it together then put the bent on it. Didn't know I needed to store it vertically until I tried horizontal. Couldn't get it to fit. Hmmm.

Anyway my wife drove me up to Navarre and I rode back. It was 13.4 miles and all into the wind. I usually ride the round trip but I haven't been riding much so I didn't want to push it. Hopefully that will change. We have had a LOT of rain down here this trip. So my wife and I are at the gym on the elliptical walking through New Zealand national parks (on the screen).

12. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    We've ridden all of the "non-MTB" trails around Colorado Springs so we just took a "old standby" route for Sundays ride. We loaded up the van with the trikes and parked at America The Beautiful Park, down town and headed up the concrete path part of the Pikes Peak Greenway. At the DIRT path through Monument Valley Park we turned north to take "back streets" to the next section of "concrete path". To our surprise, the City has taken the 3rd. major "north/south" street, Cascade Ave. and took a whole lane each side and made a "double stripped" both sides BIKE LANE!! This saves us "half the time" the usage of "back streets" use to so we LOVE it!! We took it up to Jackson St. where we could hook up again with the PPGW and headed north up to Criterium Bicycle Shop and Café (summer months) for lunch! Colorado Springs is not what I call a "progressive city" when it comes to bicycle use, but this bodes well for the future for us!!! Partly Sunny, a nice cool breeze, low 80F with a round trip of 16 miles. SWEET! :)

13. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    Jon, be warned that all it takes is one defective seal and storing a recumbent vertically, especially for long periods, can allow the FF to leak out. It's hard to clean up and will probably run out under the door and onto the carpet. So you need to take along a refill container to use next time you go to Flor-i-duh. You can get it along most any trail or greenway on a nice day. Just hold the empty container up into the wind and let it fill with fresh Fun Factor.

14. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Jon, Willie G's job is one of a few. He is full time consulting. Typically has one or two long term contracts and several mini contracts. He has a long term contract coming to a close in a few weeks and so this one will fill the gap. His last one was over 2 years...this one could be at least a year, probably longer... it is open ended. In the meantime, he can still work on small 2-3 month project as well. He is a happy guy these days.

15. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Well got my bent into our storage cage. It would fit horizontally, so I bought a bike rack and got it in vertically. What do you think???

Vertical%20bike%20stand.jpg

bjjoondo likes this.