1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Riding the Rock Island Trail

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by bjjoondo, Jun 16, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Used a ride on the Rock Island Trail, the main, West to East trail thru Colorado Springs today to test our the new 9-speed 11x40 cassette upgrade on my Sunseeker Eco-Tad SX. We did a 12 mile RT, with gray/cloudy skies but 80F+ and some WIND in different sections of the trail. Very happy with the over all gear spread of the 9 speed over my old 7 speed freewheel set up!! There are sections of old asphalt, nice newer concrete and tiny bit of hardpack dirt for nice mix with "uphill grades", some pretty steep but I only felt I had to use the "40" large cog once!! Absolutely LOVE the new 9-speed "Trigger Shifter" over the slightly clumsy 7-speed "Twist Grip Shifter" that came stock. All in a fun ride with the wife and "money" well spent on the upgrades! :) Oh and we didn't get rain or hailed on!
    27977106857_62599ac62b_k.jpg

2. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name: