1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trying to dust off myself and my bikes/trikes in order to regain at least some fitness again.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GuessWho..., Jun 5, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. GuessWho...

GuessWho...

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Rock Bridge
    Ride:
    Catrike
    Name:
    EJ
    After getting a ticket while commuting to Gallatin, I was so disgusted with the municipal police that I hung up my shoes and allowed myself to fall out of shape, and my stable to collect dust. It has been far too long that I have been holding that anger inside and recently decided to let it go and get back on the proverbial horse. Well, it is more a matter of health than anything. At least now, if I get pulled over, I will be able to record what is going on so that the officer is not able to lie to the judge again, though fingers crossed that will not be an issue this time around.

bjjoondo likes this.
  2. bjjoondo

bjjoondo

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CO
    City:
    Colorado Springs
    Ride:
    ICE Sprint 2 SE
    Name:
    BJ
    Welcome, lucky I've only had one ticket and that was when I was 16 and riding a screaming yellow Italian Olmo 10 speed racer down the main drag of my little town, speed limit 25, clocked at 35, LOL, since then I've slowed wayyyyyy down.

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Smart move and an excellent idea! :applause:

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    What kind of camera do you use???

5. GuessWho...

GuessWho...

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Rock Bridge
    Ride:
    Catrike
    Name:
    EJ
    lol, on the speeding ticket. I have a cheap sony wx220 I got from eBay in order to post pics of my animals on my website. It has a movie mode that I would use if pulled over again. That way the officer could not change his statement once in front of the judge. Basically, the original officer pulled me over stating that it was illegal for me to even be on the road and that he would take me to jail if he saw me there again. Obviously, he was educated about his error before court and changed his statement to "there was a line of cars half a mile long behind him", which was a lie, as he pulled out directly behind me and lit me up. While pulled over I made him repeat his statement a few times thinking his dashcam would pick it up. It did the video, but no audio...lol. Oh well, when he lied to the judge, I knew I had no recourse, as the judge will always side with the officer unless compelling evidence proves he is lying. I stopped commuting to town after that and stopped riding at all because I was so upset with the entire ordeal. I was afraid(and still am) that the officer would make it a goal to give me a hard time. It has been a few years now, and I am still upset, but my health went down as my weight went up. At this point it is more a matter of needing to improve my health than it is avoiding conflict with ignorant law officers. I just hope I am not put in the position to need to use the camera.

6. GuessWho...

GuessWho...

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Rock Bridge
    Ride:
    Catrike
    Name:
    EJ
    Oh, and Gallatin municipal law does not actually recognize recumbent trikes as bikes. I did get a GRR so that when I do ride to town again it will be a "bicycle"...just to avoid giving them the ability to use my trike against me legally.

7. B2bent

B2bent

Region:
    SouthWest
    State/Country:
    NM
    City:
    Pinehill
    Ride:
    Greenspeed
    Name:
    Bruce
    Oh, I was held for six hours by the roadside with the Albuquerque police as a bank robbery suspect!
    Police did not want to book me, but searched me eight times! Have not ridden at night since.

8. B2bent

B2bent

Region:
    SouthWest
    State/Country:
    NM
    City:
    Pinehill
    Ride:
    Greenspeed
    Name:
    Bruce
    I empathize with your need to recover some fitness. After selling the farm and getting off my tractor I find I can't get enough exercise. Looking for information on selection of a Tadpole folding trike! Traveling retiree!

9. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Unbelievable!!! :duh:

10. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I don't want to "Like" your post, but it was certainly informative and as Jon said...Unbelievable! :eek9:

11. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    I have been fortunate, the few times i have been "pulled over" I didn't get ticketed...just harassed a bit. Good luck and be safe.