1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just joined today, hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1000ejm, Mar 23, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. 1000ejm

1000ejm

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Rans
    Hello from Fort Wayne, IN. I ride locally on our trails the city has provided. I do not like to ride on city streets at all. sometimes on country roads. My lately departed parents were very active riders during their retirement years. 4 trips to Europe and dozens of cross country trips in the US. Heart complications took my father 3 years ago and dementia took my mother 1 year ago. The reason I joined this forum is so I could find some of their equipment a new home. After my third post, I will list a very slightly used HP Velotechnik fx 20 for sale. Thank you.

2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :welcome8: to the forum! Sorry to hear about your folks, good to know they were active and had not given up on life. Hope you stay a member on here after your business is taken care of. We like new members as they bring new stories and new adventures from their neck of the Woods. Post away.

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :welcome1: 1000ejm. I know your heartache, as Pancreatic Cancer took my father 4 years ago and Vascular Dementia took my mother last year. :frown:

Looking forward to seeing your for-sale ads, so reply to this thread and you'll be another post closer to putting them online. :thumbsup:

4. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Yes my condolences as well. You listed a RANS as your ride, which one? We always like pictures.

5. 1000ejm

1000ejm

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Rans
    Thank you for the message, currently have a deal pending on the velotechnik. I will see what other things there are.

6. 1000ejm

1000ejm

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Rans
    I am riding my late fathers Rans Fusion. That bicycle is easy to ride, but not as good as a full on recumbent. Currently have a deal pending on the velotechnik.

7. 1000ejm

1000ejm

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    IN
    City:
    Fort Wayne
    Ride:
    Rans
    deal on the velotechnik fell thru, I apologize. I will be posting in the very near future in classifieds.

8. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Oh well, hopefully something else will catch your eye soon and come up for sale!

9. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    I rode a Fusion a couple of times. As a hybrid (Crank Forward) it was interesting. Not as comfortable as a recumbent, but easy to crank out some power and speed due to the pedal-forward position and the bike's relatively light weight. It appeals to people who don't want to go full-recumbent, yet yearn for something more comfortable than a razor-blade up the rear end style seat. Does RANS still sell it?

10. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Yes the rans still sells their crankforwards. I am going to start stocking them this year.:yes9:

A.D. likes this.