1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi everyone I'm Mike the trike from Wales, UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mikethetrike, Nov 12, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Mikethetrike

Mikethetrike

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    Wales (UK)
    City:
    Cardigan
    Ride:
    Ice trike
    Name:
    Mike
    hi,
    I live in Wales UK, and I currently ride an ICE Sprint 26, and I also have a GNAT (remember those)? which I've been modifying since I bought it as a kit about 5 years ago.
    I fitted a Heinzmann assist to the Sprint last year, as I'm disabled and am finding the hills here in Wales increasingly difficult.
    I mostly use this for shopping as I don't drive, and like to use the GNAT for touring etc.
    I've modified this so that I can use it as a walker when it's folded, and can also take it on public transport.
    I'll try and put some pictures of it if I can.

2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :welcome8: to the forums! Can't wait to see your pics.

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :welcome: Mike! No I don't remember the GNAT, so I went and looked it up to add an auto-link for it. :read: After you have a few posts under your belt, so to say, you'll be able to post pictures and links. I too am interested in your modifications of being able to use it as a walker, when needed. Novel idea indeed.:thumbsup:

I found it interesting, that there is also a 2nd Recumbent acronym for GNAT - Gypsies, Nomads, And Travelers (pretty much on trikes usually) as seen here. :laugh9:

4. Mikethetrike

Mikethetrike

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    Wales (UK)
    City:
    Cardigan
    Ride:
    Ice trike
    Name:
    Mike
    Hi AD,
    Thanks for your lovely welcome.
    I'm afraid that's not the right link though. This is the correct one;

the-gnat.com
    I'll try and put some more photos up as soon as I can.

It really is quite amazing! And about 10years ahead of any other folding trikes.

Happy surfing and cycling!

All the best,

Mike

5. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I understand, the 'alternative' LINK I posted above was just a novelty. The auto-link I put in place will automatically link to the GNAT website whenever it detects the word.:thumbsup:

6. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Interesting, just when I felt like I had seen them all. Welcome Mike.