1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retiree keeping bike in kitchen after thieves strike - Watford, UK

Discussion in 'Stolen Recumbents!' started by NewsBot, Sep 28, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    6885566.jpg

Retiree keeping bike in kitchen after thieves strike
    Watford Observer
    Watford, Hertfordshire UK - A retired cycling enthusiast is being forced to store his bike in his kitchen after thieves raided his garden shed while he was away on holiday.

Michael Burr, of Ross Crescent, Watford, returned home from a two-week jaunt in Taiwan at around midnight on Friday, September 22.

The 69-year-old looked out of his window and noticed that one of his fence panels had fallen into the neighbour’s garden but assumed it had been blown down in strong winds and thought nothing more of it.

The next morning however he went out into his own back garden to investigate further and noticed a few more things “out of place”.

“My winter wheels and tyres for my car were sat outside my shed – things were strewn here and there. I looked where I keep my bikes and they had gone,” he said.

In total, three of Mr Burr's bikes were stolen, including his unusual recumbent bicycle – which allows the rider to pedal in a laid-back reclining position – an expensive electric bike, and a woman's bike reserved for when friends visited.

He added ...

Continue reading...