1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New person from Kansas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KsKev, Sep 18, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. KsKev

KsKev

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Severy
    Ride:
    Sun EZ-3 Tri-Classic
    Hi all.
    Thought I introduce myself, my name is Kevin and came across this forum while looking for some info on recumbents! Glad I did, looks like a real informative p!ace.

I'm 61, rode bikes a lot when younger, and now I'm recently disabled/retired and thought of getting back into this lifestyle, and since I'm not as limber and get around as good, thought of getting a recumbent.
    Do have a few hobbies such as fishing as well as camping, love the outdoors!
    So, hope to learn from you all.... Hope to visit with you all as well!

2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :welcome8:to the group. You will learn quite a lot:read:...just read all you can and do not be shy about asking questions.:mmm:

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :welcome3: aboard KsKev! You sound a lot like me, I'm 59 and recently retired so plenty of time to ride :heelclick:...when I'm not doing all the other fun stuff, I just never had time for before! :twitcy: As Serenity said, don't be bashful about asking any questions. Hopefully some of the auto-linked terms will help out (i.e.RideKick, Take-A-Look, etc.), but there's still a plethora of inquiries just waiting for their chance to be in the spotlight. :thumbsup:

4. KsKev

KsKev

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Severy
    Ride:
    Sun EZ-3 Tri-Classic
    Thanks Serenity and A.D ..... Glad to be a part of the forum!

5. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Welcome Kevin, if you are like me recumbents will become an obsession. I have owned around a dozen different models of bikes and trikes and enjoyed them all.

6. KsKev

KsKev

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    KS
    City:
    Severy
    Ride:
    Sun EZ-3 Tri-Classic
    Thanks for the welcome Ward, and yes it is a obsession!
    I have a SUN EZ TRI-CLASSIC.. entry level trike. BUT I'm already looking for a step up or two to another one!
    Not saying it was a bad choice, just want a little better quality trike!
    Find myself constantly looking at different ones. Really like the "full" suspension trike till I see the price!
    Some day....... gives me something to shoot for, and time to check them ALL out! Lol!

A.D. likes this.
  7. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    The good news...if you find a quality used trike about can ride it for a bit and sell it for what you paid. I have had lots and lots of bents and only lost my a** on one of them.