1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New to Recumbents and Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KP Hepcat, Jul 18, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. KP Hepcat

KP Hepcat

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    Cary
    Ride:
    Burley Hepcat
    Name:
    KP
    Hi, KP here.

I just joined Recumbent Riders. I bought a Burley Hepcat from a neighbor that was moving. This bike maybe has 500 miles on it but sat in a crappy shed for at least the 10 years I've lived in the neighborhood. I filled the tires, got it lubed up in key areas and soaked the chain in PB to remove the rust. I took it out for a ride for the first time yesterday which was quite a Challenge at first but after some seat and handlebar adjustments I did 10 miles of gradually more comfortable riding. Especially enjoyable since I haven't been able to ride a regular bike since being hit by a car four years ago and shattering my wrists among many other broken bones.

I could tell pretty quickly this is going to get me cycling again. The bike still needs a lot of work so expect a few newbie posts over the next couple weeks.

KP

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :welcome3: KP! It sounds like you're off to a great start, as 10 miles is a pretty good distance if you've been off the bike for a few years. :applause: Glad to hear that your wrists did alright and hopefully you can begin to enjoy cycling once again! :heelclick:

3. DocS

DocS

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    TX
    City:
    San Antonio
    Ride:
    Scarab Trike
    Hi and welcome!

I just joined today, after lurking for a bit...
    I just got back into recumbents recently after having sold my last one (an Action Bent SWB).
    Recumbents are the only way I can get back into cycling.

Glad to see I'm not the only newbie on the board!

Blessings,
    Doc S

4. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :welcome8: to the forum guys. The more you ride the better it gets.

5. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    Nice find, Burley made solid dependable bents and the Hepcat was the top of the line!