1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batavia, NY man builds bizarre bikes

Discussion in 'Homebuilt and Modifications' started by NewsBot, Jul 9, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    bilde?Site=WD&Date=20170709&Category=BDN05&ArtNo=170708626&Ref=AR&maxw=610&maxh=460.jpg

Batavia man builds bizarre bikes
    The Daily News Online
    Batavia, NY - You may have seen Ron and Diane Burroughs out for a ride to one of their favorite breakfast spots.

They would have been hard to miss. Fashioned from two bicycles, four lawn cart wheels and a brown-painted wood shell resembling a UPS truck, Ron’s hand-crafted vehicle turns heads.

Even as a kid, he would tinker with old bikes and fix them up, he said.

“I would pick up bikes left at the side of the road,” the 74-year-old said. “I used to take parts and make bikes.”

Riding an ordinary bike isn't for Ron Burroughs. That's why the Batavia resident created this “Ron Deere” bike. ... His sense of humor, beyond being displayed with a bicycle-turned-delivery truck, also comes out with the yellow note “call 1-800-PEDAL ...

Continue reading...