1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

VigLink

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by maxairedale, Apr 19, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. maxairedale

maxairedale

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    KY
    City:
    Columbia
    Ride:
    ICE Adventure HD FS
    Name:
    Gary
    For some reason the link above will not take me to eBay but to logo_VigLinkShopping@1x.png
    This also happens with another forum that I'm on that uses the same software.

Gary

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    VigLink is the reason RRI has managed to stay open-for-business so long without (always) asking members for more money, plus the fact we are very penny-wise with any expenditures.

On our Terms and Rules page it states:

Our website uses VigLink to automatically affiliate our commercial links. We want you to realize that we may get paid, if you click a link and purchase a product or service. Proceeds realized through this process, simply go to help fund the Recumbent Riders International website.
    Also, are you referring to the 2 links in the first line of post #2 above that I made? They both work for me, but then again I was logged-in when I did the search on ebay for dynamos and created the 'here' link. :idunno:

3. maxairedale

maxairedale

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    KY
    City:
    Columbia
    Ride:
    ICE Adventure HD FS
    Name:
    Gary
    Hi A.D.

Yes I was referring to the the links that you posted.

When I put my cursor on the ebay link, using FireFox in the bottom left corner of the screen it displays "www.ebay.com" and when I click on it, it takes me to

viglink.jpg

When copying the link location this is what I got

upload_2017-4-20_0-10-25.png

The here link displays
    upload_2017-4-20_0-36-9.png
    when copying the link locating gives me this

upload_2017-4-20_0-13-8.png

It too takes me to

viglink2.jpg

It does show dyanmos, mostly from Amazon Marketplace, but none are from eBay.

I wonder if it is something with
    1. FireFox
    2. XenForo
    3. A combination of the two
    I believe that we talked before about the reason for the Viglink links, and I don't have issues with RRI using Viglink because of the revenue it generates. But back then Viglink was making links on different key words in the posts, and not changing the link that a poster puts in.

As I said in my first post here that also happens on another forum that uses XenForo, and because of the redirecting I can't follow the links that in many cases provides more information about the topic.

Using the links you posted I never found what you were trying to link to.

Gary

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I'm using FireFox as well, though on a Mac, but I don't think it is causing the issue.

The eBay link is:
    Code:
    www.ebay.com
    The 'here' link is:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bicycle+%28dynamo%2Cgenerator%29+12v&_sop=15&rmvSB=true
    Xenforo has a VigLink add-on we employ, and I suspect the other Xenforo board you mentioned does too.

Anyway, all interesting info (to me) so I'd do some studying up on it now.

:update:
    Per this post, eBay is running a two-week redirection test right now with VigLink. :wink9: