1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reunion and rewards as Mike's trike returned

Discussion in 'Stolen Recumbents!' started by NewsBot, Feb 23, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    1487875377372.jpg
    Mike Ward is pleased to have his electrified recumbent bike back after it was stolen.​

Reunion and rewards as Mike's trike returned
    The Nelson Mail
    Nelson, New Zealand - A Nelson artist was only too happy to part with $100 in gratitude for the return of a prized possession.

Four days after it went missing, Mike Ward's yellow electrified recumbent trike was located in Stoke after two local men recognised the distinctive vehicle

It was taken on Valentine's Day from outside Morri Cafe on Hardy St while Ward was working late in his upstairs workshop.

He reported the theft to police and last week made a public appeal for information in locating the trike.

In the hope of triggering some response, he put a reward notice on his blackboard, offering $100 for its return.

The tactic worked almost immediately.

"Some young guys came along on Saturday morning, saw the notice and said they had seen my trike behind a fence out in Stoke," Ward said.

"So they walked back out to Stoke, picked up my trike and brought it into me – I gave them $50 apiece and everyone was happy."

The trike was undamaged although it showed some signs of interference to the electrics.

"They hadn't managed to turn the motor on, but they'd munted the keyhole with a screwdriver by the looks of things."

While the identity of the thieves ...

Continue reading...