1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Facebook, Twitter, Google Integration

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by A.D., Jun 27, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Well after finally getting all the necessary API's setup to interface with the Social Networks on XenForo, users can now choose to login with their Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts, which makes it easier to share things with your friends.

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 6.07.00 AM.jpg

So existing members can now go to the External Accounts page and associate their various social accounts with their membership here on RRI. :thumbsup:

Just one word of caution though: New users registering with RRI using the Facebook, Twitter or Google buttons create an account on RRI which does not have a password.

However, if/when they want to associate any additional social accounts with their membership here on RRI they will have-to-have a password in order to do so. That's just a requirement of the process and I've set up a Notice on the External Accounts webpage indicating so.

Realize the new association process will ask for a password (i.e. "This is the password of the Recumbent Riders International account that you wish to associate with" which is your current password on RRI), and thus if not supplied will cause the routine to fail. As such any members without a password, will have to create one in order to associate another social account with their membership here on RRI.

:hand7: NOTE: Facebook, Twitter and Google interfaces have all been turn off.

2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    That is great. Most folks like logging in through their Facebook or Google account. (Not me, I am old fashioned.)